Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel HD 4600 and Outlook 2013 - white screen

NRafi1
Beginner

We have a number of Dell 9020 which have the Intel HD 4600 drivers installed and we are seeing graphic rendering issues when using Outlook 2013. The rendering can be at any time - from reading an email to opening a meeting invite. What I mean by rendering is that the inbox emails and calendar all goes white and you cannot resolve. You have to closed down Outlook and reopen the app.

Many Microsoft forum's have pinpointed a graphics driver issue even though we have updated to the latest drivers already. We even disabled hardware accelaration from with Office 2013 and added a registry key to force this ut see the same issue.

Please can someone help as this is effecting us dramtically and daily. !

0 Kudos
21 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Nadeem

This is a know issue and we are currently working to release a fix for it soon. Please check back to this thread for updates.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
NRafi1
Beginner

Thanks - is there a date scheduled for a newer driver release or fix for this issue?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Nadeem

No date yet but it will be soon.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
NRafi1
Beginner

Thanks Richard - but a date should be made public as many user's are facing the same issue.

Any provisional dat ethat has been set for release. I really think this is well overdue.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

All,

The driver has been posted for Intel HD 2500/4000 (Ivybridge)

15.33.29.3945 has been posted to Download Center. Here are the direct links to the drivers:

32-bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24328 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24328

64-bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24329 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24329

Haswell driver to resolve this issue will be available soon.

Thanks

Robert

NRafi1
Beginner

Do the drivers resolve Office applications for Windows 7 as the release notes state Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
NRafi1
Beginner

We still have the same issue with Outlook and Windows 7.

Please advise as this is getting quite frustrating and no real fix is working on this.

0 Kudos
NRafi1
Beginner

Any luck with this as this is getting frustrating and annoying and Intel hasn't provided any solution for this to cater for Windows 7.

Need a solution really quick now as this is annoying.

0 Kudos
NRafi1
Beginner

This is so unprofessional and really annoying.

How can Intel say that the issue is resolved and the new update is the solution when it clearly isn't.

No update to this forum support and now answer given.

0 Kudos
NRafi1
Beginner

Thanks Robert but this drivers also doesn't work.

Tried on two pc's and uninstalled old drivers and reinstalled and still the same issue.

Please advise for Windows 7 please.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Nadeem

We are investigating the white screen issue as a new bug and will post updates as we know more.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
NRafi1
Beginner

Any updates...been ongoing for a few months now....

0 Kudos
MBuck3
Beginner

I too have the same issue in Windows 8.1, I have an MSI GS60 Ghost pro gaming laptop with Intel 4600 and on displaying any application with a large amount of white full screen the screen goes blank.

I can remedy the situation by:

1) Minimizing windows using windows key + M

2) Enter sleep mode

3) Power on and login again

As soon as I open an application with large amounts of white full screen it happens again, this could be a maximized Windows Explorer, Chrome or Libre Office...

I am running the latest drivers.

edit: Not sure this helps but when the drivers are uninstalled and the system is running basic display adapter drivers this problem is still present.

0 Kudos
NRafi1
Beginner

We have tried everything and nothing work's.

Intel needs to provide a working solution as they have ignored this for months.

0 Kudos
JLank
Beginner

Similar problem at my Dell Latitude E6540 with HD Graphics 4600. Note that in my case it seems to be much more persistent. The list of messages, the calendar items, the list of tasks or the list of contacts in Outlook 2013 are not visible at all. To be more specific, they are visible for about half a second and then disappear completely. See the attached images for an example of the contacts list and a partly visible message when the application window is not fully maximized. Note that the last contact at the bottom of the screen is visible for a small part. Note that in both cases a large rectangle seems to covers the screen partly. Does it have to do with an onbounded expansion of the search widget?

The problem is much more persistant than the others describe, because:

1. I haven't found any workaround to get rid of the effect even temporarily
  2. It is always present

I have

None of the above gave any clue or even a workaround. This renders my Outlook 2013 useless!

I don't know who to blame but since it is only reported on Intel graphic cards I really hope Intel will provide a resolution!

Jan-Willem

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi all,

I see kaivalagi /message/287678# 287678 indicated they see this issue without the Intel Gfx driver installed. Since the Intel driver is not loaded, this is conclusive the iGD is not the cause of the failure. If you have a 3rd party graphics and it is rendering then it may be causing this, or if that too gets uninstalled and the issue still persists this would be an OS or app issue. In such case you would need to file a ticket with MSFT.

MBlou
Beginner

While I believe Outlook 2013 definitely has something to do with this problem, likely because Microsoft implemented hardware video acceleration in Outlook 2013, (the problem still happens with acceleration disabled in the app) I haven't been able to reproduce this problem on any other graphics card other than the Intel 4400, 4600, and 5000 across various laptop manufacturers. I've tested on both Nvidia graphics and AMD discrete graphics cards, and they don't appear to exhibit the same graphics corruption.

0 Kudos
CJeps
Beginner

So I had this issue occur to me and it looks like the root cause was that my primary monitor was set to my external instead of the laptop monitor once I switched this I had no issues with outlook anymore, I switch back and the white screens occur again, I find it odd but I hope it helps someone.