Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver not working/Updating Error

Sherhunzai
Beginner

Good day,

I have i5 4690, 12GB RAM, Nvidia 1060 3GB VRAM, Windows 10 64 bit updated, but Intel HD Graphics Control panel not showing in right click in screen, when i am trying to update Driver but giving Error,

SSU detail text file and pictures are attached here with for your reference, kindly do the needful,

looking forward to here soon

best regardsDevice Manager 12_6_2020 4_20_15 PM.pngIntel(R) HD Graphics Properties 12_6_2020 4_19_10 PM.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are attempting to install only the version of the drive found on your laptop vendor's site, right? Installing the general version from the Intel site could have other unintended consequences.

What version are you specifically trying to install?

...S

0 Kudos
Sherhunzai
Beginner

I am trying to install the latest version from Intel's official website.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ah, you have a desktop design (I should have caught that first time around). I will presume that you have changed the BIOS configuration since, if you had not, the iGFX solution would have been disabled (the default is to disable the iGFX when an add-in graphics card is detected).

I can see that you Intel HD Graphics driver v20.19.15.5166 installed already but the solution appears to be offline (disabled) - which I would expect if the BIOS had disabled it. This would also explain why you were having issues trying to install a later version of the driver; you simply cannot do so when the hardware is offline.

...S

0 Kudos
Sherhunzai
Beginner
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is a desktop system with an add-in NVIDIA graphics card. Are you actually using the Intel HD Graphics solution? That is, do you have a monitor connected to the motherboard's graphics outputs? If not, then the mistake is that you are installing something that you don't (or no longer) need. You should uninstall the driver that is there and not attempt any subsequent installations of it.

...S

0 Kudos