Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Intel® HD Graphics 620 windows 10- dch drivers install fail

KChri9
Beginner

I was able to download the update but it won't install. Need help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Provide some information.

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
JMitc27
Beginner

Hello, i did not ask the initial question but i am having the same issue. I have attached my utility report.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KChri9,

Thank you for posting in the Intel* Community.

Let me know if you need more assistance and provide me with the following information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Hello JMitc27,

According to the report that you provided, I noticed that you are using a Laptop.  Please be aware that the Intel drivers are generic that might not work properly on a third-party system like your laptop, that is why the recommendation is to use the drivers of the system manufacturer (HP), those drivers have been customized and tested to work on your specific system.

Steps to use the OEM drivers:

Use only drivers provided directly by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) as they are customized and validated for your system configuration.

Follow these steps to properly switch to the best OEM drivers for your computer:

1. Disconnect from the Internet.

2. Uninstall the generic DCH drivers via Start > Settings > Apps & Features.

3. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 

4. Restart the computer.

5. Reconnect to the Internet.

6. Go to Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics" or "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

7. Select "Update Driver".

8. Allow Windows Update to Search for the best drivers for your system.

9. Install the driver.

10. Restart the computer.

If you want to install the Intel* DCH generic drivers you may force the generic drivers' installation. This option is not recommended as it overrides any customization done by your OEM.

If you still wish to use generic DCH drivers then follow these steps:

1. Download the latest DCH driver from downloadcenter.intel.com and save it on your Desktop.

2.  Disconnect from the Internet.

3. Uninstall any existing DCH Graphics driver via Start > Settings > Apps & Features.

4. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel via Start > Settings > Apps & Features.

5. Restart the computer.

6. In Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics".

• If "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is already listed skip to step#10.

7. Select "Uninstall device".

8. Enable the option "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "Uninstall".

9. Restart the computer.

• This should delete any non-DCH driver stored on Windows driver repository. Repeat steps #6 through #9 until "Intel® HD Graphics" changes to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

10. Install the DCH driver downloaded in step #1.

11. Restart the computer.

12. Reconnect to the Internet.

13. The (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel should be downloaded automatically after a few minutes upon restart. If it doesn't, go to Microsoft Store and download it.

14. Restart the computer.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KChri9, JMitc27,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KChri9, JMitc27,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos