Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics driver won't update to the newest version.

SGrov1
Beginner

I have a computer that has an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 driver. I've tried uninstalling and updating it with the exe and zip download from intel's website. It will not update past 10.18.14.5067 which was released on 12/27/2018.

I tried updating using Intel Driver & Support Assistant and it said: "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

The newest version according to their website is 15.36.36.5067 released on 5/15/2019. I'm having a webGL2 issue on some computers and this seems to be my last hope at trying to fix it.

Computer Info:

Windows 7 professional

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30 GHz

RAM: 8gb

System: 64-bit

Video Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Driver date: 12/27/2018

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SGrov1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To determine the actual driver version for 15.65 and Older Drivers, this is determined by comparing the last four digits. The full driver number shown on our website is different from the one shown on Windows® Device Manager since they use a different number schema.

The latest driver on our website for Intel® HD Graphics 4600 is version: 15.36.36.5067. If the driver in Windows is shown as 10.18.14.5067, comparing "5067" will tell if it is the latest one available on our website.

For more details please refer to Understanding the Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005654/graphics-drivers.html

Also, the driver date shown on our website is actually for the driver package that may apply for different graphics models (Intel® HD 4600, HD 4200, HD 5000, etc.), so the latest package update might not include a driver update specifically for the model of your graphics, and this will explain the differences in the date reported on Graphics Properties.

Actually, this latest version 15.36.36.5067 is simply a security update for 4th generation Intel® platforms on Windows 7* and Windows 8.1*. No further drivers are to be expected for this generation on these operating systems. Please refer to "End of support notice"

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28798/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=81496

I understand you are looking for a driver update to fix a webGL2 issue, could you please confirm the following details?

1- Have you checked the PC/motherboard manufacturer to check if they have newer and customized drivers available?

2- Please confirm your full PC brand/model or the motherboard model:

3- Are you developing a custom application using WebGL?

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
SGrov1
Beginner

It does seem to be up to date then.

1. Yes, I have checked with them. Their driver is actually older than the one on Intel's website.
  2. It's a Discovery 81 from DakTech. The board is a H81M-C/CSM
  3. I am not developing an application. I work for a school and we have a program that we purchased that uses WebGL 2 to run the program.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SGrov1,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, if the driver matches the last the 4 digits and shows x.x.x.5067, it is the latest one available on our Download Center website, and this answered your inquiry about the update status for the Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver based on the explanation about Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number.

I have checked the information from DakTech website and ASUS* as well and indeed the driver version is an older one: 20.19.15.4377&10.18.14.4170

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H81MCCSM/HelpDesk_Download/

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Also, could you please confirm the following details?

1- Have you checked with the development team of the software regarding the system and hardware requirements?

2- Have you tested the software with another computer perhaps with the same Intel® Graphics?

3- Does this software have a demo or trial we can use to test the behavior? Would you be able to share a link with a demo/trial?

4- If a demo is available, could you please provide details/screenshots of the errors when running the software?

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
SGrov1
Beginner

Thanks but I actually fixed it!! I had to go back to an older driver from 2014. The driver version on my computer that fixed it is: 10.18.10.3412.

This enabled hardware acceleration for WebGL2.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SGrov1,

I am glad to know that the issue is fixed after going back to an older driver from 2014. Thank you for sharing the feedback. We will proceed to close this inquiry but if you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Andrew G.

0 Kudos