Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Beta Driver for Windows* 10

Bryce__Intel
Employee

Update 07/29:

The Windows 10 production driver 15.40.4.64.4256 is available on Download Center using the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25150

-----

As Microsoft Windows 10 launch approaches, many users are looking for Beta graphics drivers that support Intel products on Windows 10. Unlike previous Windows releases, Intel is providing Beta drivers to Microsoft directly. The Intel drivers will be available to end users via http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ Windows Update. Many end users are accustomed to getting Beta drivers for pre-release Windows directly from Intel, so we've taken extra care to make sure the Windows Update process is as seamless and trouble-free as possible.

When Windows 10 is released, Intel will be providing Win10 graphics drivers for supported Intel products directly on Intel® Download Center. Until that time, please continue to update your Win10 drivers via Windows Update.

Available Downloads

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Detailed Description

An Intel Graphics Beta driver for Windows*10 can be found in Windows Update. Please run Windows Update from within Windows or visit Microsoft's http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ Windows Update Web site.

Windows Update is included in the Windows Control Panel. To check for updates within Windows, Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.

This was incorrectly stated as supported. This driver does not support 2nd or 3rd Gen:

<...
    38 Replies
    VSipp
    Beginner

Just got an update via Windows Update, 10.18.15.4256 and driver date is 17th of july.

0 Kudos
    LHalp
    Beginner

It seems I actually have an i7 3630QM Ivy Bridge setup - the only driver version I've gotten from Windows Update is years old. Is this right?

0 Kudos
    MSchm21
    Valued Contributor I

10.18.10.4252= 3094

10.18.15.4256= 2810

The older branch is a bit faster in 2D GDI Benchmark on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
    MHill10
    Novice

Just got an update a few minutes ago via windows Auto-update, and once again, it failed to install. Back to square one. Still disabled in device manager; uninstalling the device in device manager then manually updating the driver yields the same result.

C'mon, Intel. Make a driver that works, folks.

0 Kudos
    MSchm21
    Valued Contributor I

This is somehow typically for Intel. Windows 10 has been launched officially and whilst other companies like Nvidia and AMD did release drivers on their own website, Intel wasn't ready at launch, instead relies on Microsoft Beta updates. This is a big Windows launch and once again Intel is slower than others.

0 Kudos
    Bryce__Intel
    Employee

Hi all,

Our server posted the driver 7/28 though it is still not searchable in Download Center for some reason. I'm having this investigated. In the meantime, the direct link to the driver is updated in the original post of this thread above, or check the sticky in Graphics section root, also the link is below.

0 Kudos
    ESalv
    Beginner

What about 3rd Gen with intel hd graphics 4000? Will it be available?

AUlla1
    Beginner

Will the 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 get new drivers for Windows 10? I'm on Windows 10 Pro (Final Release) and Windows Update downloaded and installed the old 9.17.10.4229 drivers... no beta or production drivers were found, despite the page for /message/315736# 315736 Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Beta Driver for Windows* 10 stating that the Beta driver downloads are valid for 3000/2000.

0 Kudos
    Bryce__Intel
    Employee

EmilRodSalvador

3rd Gen products will have a 15.33 driver posted and is currently targeted for end of day today.

Asad_x64

2nd Gen products will have an inbox driver provided on WU, no further Windows10 driver support will be provided.

bchoy
    Beginner

Would you have any idea when the inbox driver will be provided on WU for 2nd gen products. I can not search it or find any reference to it from any other source, WU says no updates detected and with out it I have no laptop Display and I am having to connect the hdmi to my TV.

0 Kudos
    bchoy
    Beginner

Latest update! If i uninstall my hd drivers but leave the hdmi lead plugged in and turn off my wifi then restart my computer, the laptop display comes on with the basic windows display adapter. I can then turn on my wifi and the driver auto updates and the laptop display works fine until I restart the computer. I have set sleep mode to 30 mins of inactivity and so far, wake from sleep I still have a display, I just can not shut down or remove my hdmi lead.

0 Kudos
    bchoy
    Beginner

UPDATE: All resolved, having found a friend with an acer on hd3000 graphics working happily, I revisited the steps i had taken and realised the only thing i had not done was check for a bios update. I found this to be causing the problem. Bios updated and all is well

0 Kudos
    Bryce__Intel
    Employee

An inbox driver is built into the OS and should install automatically during the OS setup. It should also be available on WU.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff547561(v=vs.85).aspx Installing an Inbox Driver or a Preinstalled Driver - Windows 10 hardware dev

I see you've resolved your install issues. Happy to hear.

0 Kudos
    APinn
    Novice

Dear Bryce@Intel,

for driver "Windows 7* & 8.1* - 15.36.28.4332 (10.18.14.4332) 4th Gen Graphics & 5th Gen Graphics." I would like to report >

1. Degradation in boot time

2. Instability in windows explorer

3. No improvement in stability with Fallout 4

I tried new intel video driver "win64_153628.4332.exe" downloaded from >>

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25588/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-28-4332- Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7/8.1* [15.36.28.4332]

Windows 7* & 8.1* - 15.36.28.4332 (10.18.14.4332) 4th Gen Graphics & 5th Gen Graphics. See ReleaseNotes for details on system requirements support.

Version 15.36.28.4332

Latest

Date 12/14/2015

installed over the top of >>

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25541/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 7/8.1/10* [15.40]

Version Beta 15.40.12.4326

Latest

Date 11/21/2015

I received the message >

I do not know why the old driver would have a more recent date.

To which I clicked the yes button. This installed the driver.

Then I examined the driver's properties >

The old driver's properties are still shown, above, but are correct when examined through details, below >

I noted that my PC's boot time had deteriorated.

The earlier 2 entries are with the old driver, and the later 2 entries are with the new driver >

So I rolled back the

I checked what programs would be affected by the restore operation, as expected the driver is affected >

I noted that my PC's boot time had recovered.

The earliest 2 entries are with the old driver, the middle 2 entries are with the new driver, and the latest 2 entries are with the old driver >

OC_Freak.

0 Kudos
    JDoya
    Novice

Are there any updates coming for 4th gen HD4400? right now I still can't keep Win10 from updating the drivers. Its causing my laptop to BSOD on sleep.

0 Kudos
    isous1
    Beginner

Intel commits when we a big mistake

forgets the GMA 3600 and other products que gave quick profit.

I ask how says there will be drivers for that product and then declares that, no.

I hope will correct the mistake they made on twitter saying that GMA3600 will work on W10

I hope that really makes this product works on W10 or will stick to the tarnished image

good luck

0 Kudos
    isous1
    Beginner
    0 Kudos
    Bryce__Intel
    Employee

Locking this thread.

For any unresolved issues, please search for your issue in the forums and provide the information in an existing thread using the guidelines below. If you've exhausted efforts searching without luck, then please create a new thread using the guidelines below. This will assist other community members to help you, or for Intel to review if needed. Appreciate your support in improving the driver and experience.

0 Kudos