Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel Iris Max usage spike to 100%

LeonardoSisler
Beginner
Hello, I wanted to report this problem in hope to get an answer from someone and in hopes it get fixed in the future. I encountered this problem in 2 very different games so far. The first one is Far Cry 2, where I can play smoothly for 5-10 min, after that the game just crash to desktop without error every time, this on DX10, on DX9 the game crashes at the first loading screen.
The second game is Cyberpunk 2077 where at a certain point in the mission “The Heist” certain part of the level just go black, the game is still playable, the hud is still visible and I can progress in the game, but I can’t see nothing, and I noticed, that when I enter in the “black zone” the gpu usage spike to 100%. Waiting for an answer or to hear from someone who had the same problem
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LeonardoSisler,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you, please provide the following logs so we can move forward with your support request.

-Please run the following tools and attach the reports generated.  

-Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

-DXDIAG 

•          Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 

•          On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 

•          On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 

•          Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Note: With the graphics report you don’t have to send reports from both tools just the one you currently use if applicable.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
LeonardoSisler
Beginner
thank you for answering, where do I attach/send the report?
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LeonardoSisler,

In order to submit or attach the reports please follow this path: Reply > Drag and drop here or browse files to attach

Note: Please remember that the maximum size allowed is 71 MB and the maximum number of attachments allowed is 10 in case you want us to receive something else besides the reports.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
LeonardoSisler
Beginner

here's the two scans.

one from the Intel Graphics Command Center and one from the SSU.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LeonardoSisler,

We appreciate the reports you provided, when it comes to games like far cry 2 which is considered an old game that was meant to be run when it came out on DirectX9 if you run it on a system that has windows 10 such as yours, you need to bear in mind that Windows 10 only uses Direct x12, and based on that, this game might have issues such as the ones you are experiencing because is not optimized to be used on today’s hardware and software.

What you can do in order to maybe run it better will be to use the recommendations in the link down below, these work for older games that are being run on Windows 10, please test them out and let us know the outcome.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030981/graphics.html

In addition, for a game such as Cyberpunk 2077, it is worth mentioning that the latest version of the software will come with updates and fixes for issues like the one you are experiencing, if you don’t have it yet please try to update the game and if you already have it, you can always try to reinstall the game from scratch, if the issue is still happening after that we might be able to check the possibility of replicating this behavior on our end so please share with us the settings that you are currently using and the version of the game that you currently have, also a video of the behavior will help us a lot if possible.

In regards to Photoshop if you like please try the following, try to completely uninstall the software from your system, and then proceed to complete the installation from scratch, also it is worth mentioning that if you are using a free version of this software it is always recommendable to test this behavior with the premium version since some issues might not happen in the complete version of the software.

Also just so you know we might be able to check the possibility of replicating this behavior as well; therefore, please share with us the settings that you are currently using and a video of the behavior if possible, as well as the exact version you are using, and please let us know if you made any changes to the computer before any of these issues started in your next response.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
LeonardoSisler
Beginner

All the applications are updated to the latest version, also, regarding photoshop i'm using the paid version of the software, in thencreative cloud.

I will definatly upload video of the issues since they are pretty major and annoying. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LeonardoSisler,

We appreciate the information provided, we will be waiting for your videos, just remember to include in your next response the exact settings for both the game (Cyberpunk 2077) and photoshop and please let us know how the recommendations for Frac cry 2 went out.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
LeonardoSisler
Beginner
Regarding photoshop, I reinstalled it and after it crashed again for the same problem a message appears that which told me that photoshop found an incompatibility with the graphic device, and automatically turned off some advanced functions, no problem since.
As with Cyberpunk, I can clearly hear an increase in the graphics card speed and noise when I enter the “black” areas.
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LeonardoSisler,

It is normal depending on the settings that you are using that the graphics card will have a stronger usage; however, you need to bear in mind that the recommended settings for that game are not at our disposal so you might want to check the recommended ones with the game’s developer, after that you can test the game with those settings and shared the outcome with us to continue with your request, as per photoshop some advanced options might not available depending on compatibility with your built and that can be further discussed with Adobe support; however, please remember that we are still willing to check the possibility of recreating these issues on our end and we will be waiting for your videos, just remember to include in your next response along with the videos the exact settings for both the game (Cyberpunk 2077) and photoshop, please let us know also how the recommendations for Far cry 2 went out.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
LeonardoSisler
Beginner

here's a recording of the issue, the game is updated to the latest version, also the game settings are irrelevant, i tried every settings possible from disabling some of them to low all the way up to ultra, no difference, the graphic problem is stil present. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LeonardoSisler,

We appreciate the information provided and we will use it to do further research about your issue, we will update this thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LeonardoSisler,

Based on our research, our last recommendation for you will be to check with the game developer for the recommended game settings, and hotfixes available, also please contact the software developer for the photoshoot software for any recommended configuration, to be able to use the advanced settings. Besides that, please check directly with Dell for any firmware updates, BIOS configurations available to improve the overall performance of the laptop in regard to the presented issues.

We will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information; you are more than welcome to submit a new question just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos