Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel Iris Xe Graphics Game Freeze

Sanyo
Novice

Dear Intel,

On my laptop with I71165G7 processor and Iris Xe, all the games I tried (Fortnite, Witcher 3, CS GO) freeze 1-5 minutes after starting the game. I have already tried it on Windows 10 and 11, the latest available screen driver is installed. As I have read, many people are struggling with the problem described above, please let me know if Intel can do something about the problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanyo,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is the issue recent? If so, when did it start?

2. Does this happen with the driver from your laptop manufacturer?

3. Does it happen with an external monitor/TV?

4. Do you get any error or notification when the games freeze?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sanyo
Novice

Dear Intel,

1. I bought the laptop on 11/02/2022, but I tried to run a game on it for the first time on 12/23/2022.

2. Yes, I installed the latest driver downloaded from the website below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

3. There is no monitor or TV connected to the laptop, I only use its own display.

4. No error code is displayed, the games simply freeze, I can only close the game in the task manager, but then the screen flickers even during simple web browsing, but the flickering stops immediately after a reboot.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards:

Sándor Bróda

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanyo, 

Thanks for your response. In this case, I would like to try the following:

1. Update your driver using the ones from the laptop manufacturer (HP, Dell, MSI, Acer, etc).

2. Perform all the updates from Windows updates.

3. Try to get in contact with the laptop manufacturer so they can confirm that there are any hardware or software issues.

Also, you can refer to the following article for additional information:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Sanyo
Novice

Dear Intel,

Since my laptop is still under warranty, I contacted Acer today and am sending the laptop in for service. I hope this solves the problem.

Thank you for your help so far.

Best regards:

Sándor Bróda

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Sanyo, 

I am glad to know that took the laptop to the manufacturer so they can do further investigation related to this issue. I will proceed to close this thread. However, you can open a new one in case you need further assistance or if you faced any other issues with our products.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,  

Deivid A.