Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver update posted for Haswell and Broadwell version 15.36.14.4080

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

This update addresses several previously found issues. Please see the Release Notes and excerpt below for details. As always, feedback is appreciated.

The 15.36.14.4080 has been posted to Intel Download Center at the following direct links to the drivers:

32-bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24594 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24594

64-bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24596 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24596

This driver supports the following:

4th Generation Intel® Core™Processors with Intel HD graphics,

Intel Iris™graphics and Intel Iris Pro graphics.

Select Pentium®/ Celeron® Processors with Intel® HD graphics, and

Intel® Core™ M with Intel® HD Graphics 5xxx

New features with this release:

• Improved video playback through partial hardware acceleration support for the VP9 video format.
  • Additional Open CL extension support:
    • cl_intel_subgroups – this extension enables work items to share data without use of shared local memory

• cl_intel_advanced_motion_estimation – provides access to Intel's motion estimation hardware acceleration block that can be used by media processing applications including custom transcoders and image stabilization
  • Support for OpenGL extension:
    • GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp
  • GPU accelerated decode of HEVC video file format including both 8-bit and 10-bit support. This will provide improved video playback capabilities on the platforms listed in the following table.

<span style="color: # 000000; font-...

56 Replies
JTale
Novice

Thanks for the reply. This has been under investigation for a long time and I am hopeful with each driver reléase that it will be addressed. It has been by AMD and Nvidia. Is there an ETA on when it might be addressed?

0 Kudos
TXu8
Beginner

Hi Robert,

I found that hardware acceleration with i5 4590 (HD4600) doesn't work for videos @10bit H.264 within this version of driver, which does work with former drivers. I'm wondering if intel could fix it at next release. Thanks.

My player setting, FYI.

LAV decoder , MPC-BE 32bit, madVR: Software decode only

Potplayer 64bit: Software decode only.

MPC-HC 64bit, LAV decoder(internal): No video output.

Same issues found at LAV filter community. FYI.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1706229# post1706229 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1706229# post1706229

Best.

Tony.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm not sure if this related to liebestod's post above, but I have one fairly substantial problem with this new driver.

When playing back some Blu-Rays, I get a completely black screen in an old version of PowerDVD (version 9) - the sound plays, but no video. Having tried moving between driver versions several times, I can verify that playback works properly in v3960, but does not function with v4080.

If it helps, the problem seems to happen on all Universal and Warner Brothers discs that I've tried. I presume they use a different video format from Paramount, and may or may not use different menu code. But either way, this problem has forced me to roll back to v3960, so that I can continue to watch films.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ RLacey, Have you seen this on the Cyberlink website? Are your videos newer that 2011? Also, do you have the latest PowerDVD updates?

PowerDVD 9

Support Notice

As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for this version. Any Blu-ray Disc titles released after 2011 June may not be compatible with CyberLink PowerDVD 9 Ultra retail version.

To upgrade your version of CyberLink PowerDVD to the latest release, click http://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdvd/upgrade_en_US.html?&r=1 here.

2011-05-18

PowerDVD 9 Ultra Updates: This update file updates PowerDVD 9 Ultra to PowerDVD 9 Ultra build 4105. For PowerDVD retail and online purchase versions only. To check the updates for hardware bundled versions, click http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/support/answerbox_productfaq.jsp?FID=4535 here for instructions.

Release Noteslease Notes

Update: mproves CyberLink PowerDVD 9's disc title compatibility.

2011-05-18

PowerDVD 9 Standard/Deluxe Updates: This update file updates PowerDVD 9 Standard/Deluxe to PowerDVD 9 Standard/Deluxe build 4105. For PowerDVD retail and online purchase versions only. To check the updates for hardware bundled versions, click http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/support/answerbox_productfaq.jsp?FID=4535 here for instructions.

Release Notes

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. To clarify, though, this is nothing to do with the software. With all previous Intel driver versions, every disc that I want to play functions perfectly. When I upgrade to v4080, I get the black screen problem (which may, as stated above, be related to the use of hardware acceleration to play back a particular video format). If I roll back to v3960, it instantly works again - indeed, on my Windows 8.1 64-bit computer, I can *literally* install the v3960 driver and then begin playback immediately. I don't even need to reboot the computer to get it to start working.

Cyberlink stopped providing AACS decryption support for older software, but that's not the issue I'm running up against. Yes, the software happens to be old, but playback is being broken by Intel's latest driver - in a way that has never been an issue with any previous versions...

Many thanks for the prompt reply, though! I'm attaching my DxDiag file in case that helps with locating what I genuinely believe to be a bug in your driver.

0 Kudos
CS_1
Beginner

Hello Robert,

I installed the driver today and I have Feedback / a request for a future update.

(For reference: using the driver on a notebook with Win 7 and Intel HD Graphics 4600 adapter, and a matte display.)

I'm happy to see that the new driver versions lets me control the hue/ saturation settings better than the previous ones. It is a known issue that many notebook displays are incredibly gray and lazy when it comes to displaying colors. For mine, I drove the slider all the way up to "100" for saturation, and the colors still appear bland/ not saturated enough. Would it be possible to include the option to "kick it up a notch" for a future driver version? It seems like a small thing to change, but it would make a world of a difference, especially for us notebook users with lazy-gray displays. (I know, you must think "her screen must look like it's in candyland already!", but unfortunately, it really doesn't. Especially matte displays often have to compensate a *lot* for color loss by using the driver options.) Maybe increase the max absolute value for "100" or let the slider go even up to 150.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
RIJke
Beginner

Hello,

After multiple attempts of trying to update to the latest drivers of Intel Iris HD Graphics 4400, time after time when checking for driver updates through intel update manager, it keeps telling me the older version is installed, even when manually downloading the correct and newest version, updating through device manager, I'm about to give up, cos it ain't working, device manager says latest drivers are installed, windows update also says latest drivers are installed, only the intel update manager.

Please kindly help while i still have hair on my head, before I better ignore the videochipset, de-activate it and continue with Nvidia, which does actually update to the latest version.

ps. Funny enough, this same issue I have with drivers for Bluetooth and Wireless.

How come? Pretty much clueless.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

What is the current driver version installed on your computer?

0 Kudos
RIJke
Beginner

The current driver version is: 10.80.14.4080

0 Kudos
MK20
Beginner

This driver brings back the issue where the HDMI Audio disappears when the connected Monitor/Receiver is powered off.

intel hd 4600

asus h87m-e

Where can I get a link to the august drivers?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Kedda, You can get the previously released driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24348&lang=eng&ProdId=3719 Intel® Download Center

Also, we will investigate the lost audio issue.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
MLang9
Beginner

(edited 2015-02-23 20:23 in order to change for a more a more positive and appropriate tone of voice)

Unfortunately latest driver (.4080) does not support 4k/60Hz mode (DP 1.2 with MST/HBR2 enabled on display) on Windows 10 TP (latest build 9926) contrary to previous Intel driver. I het messed up screen and blacvk screen after reboot. I reverted to the previous driver but Windows 10 TP installs the lastest Intel driver again when updating. It seems not possible to block specific update individually with Windows 10 TP.

The only way to keep the 4k resolution with the .4080 version of the driver is to disable DP1.2 on my monitor but then I can't have 60 Hz and refresh rate falls back to 30Hz.

Any help would be welcome.

Kind regards,

Maarten, The Netherlands

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Maarten,

Are you saying you installed this driver on Windows 10 developer preview?

Thanks

Robert.

0 Kudos
MLang9
Beginner

@ Robert

Yes indeed (see PM also). But it was installed automatically by Windows 10 TP as part of the regular updates, not by myself.

Thanks, regards, Maarten

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Maarten,

OK,, so it is installed in Windows Update. Of course the usual caveats apply here, beta drivers, beta OS. there will be issues. I will investigate this and escalate to the development teams.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
MLang9
Beginner

@Robert,

Thanks, I appreciate. Maarten

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

IE is crashing when playing back 4k content on youtube.

Windows 8.1.

0 Kudos
JNguy19
Beginner

Still no fix for scaling on Directx 11 games...Can we at least get a progress update? This bug has been here for so long.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ sighscaling. We are still working this issue. I will post an update once we have a resolution.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
JNguy19
Beginner

That's all you guys have said for a long time. There are other posts in this forum dating back to early 2014 about this issue. Can we have a tangible update instead of a generic, "working on it"? At this point, it really feels like nothing is being done. At least be transparent about what's going on if it's going to take this long.

0 Kudos
SHeid2
Beginner

I hope you guys find a fix for this bug soon.With so many people having this exact problem, I believe you should make fixing it a priority.

0 Kudos