Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20931 Discussions

Intel NUC X15 LAPAC71H - Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset

Sorrow
Novice

Hi Intel, 

I run into this issue repeatedly when the dedicated GPU (Arc A730M) is activated.

Event Log shows:

The Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset

Is Running on Win 11 23H2

Both BIOS and GPU Driver are updated to the latest.

GPU-Z shows Resizable Bar Enabled (Arc Control Says Unsupported)

This causes the system to freeze for about 0.5 seconds

Looking for your reply, 

1 Solution
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, I want to let you know that  Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset" message typically indicates that the system is attempting to recover from an error by resetting the graphics firmware. This can happen for various reasons, such as driver conflicts, outdated firmware, or hardware issues. To further troubleshoot the issue, you can check our Getting Event Viewer Warning "The Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset." article. 

Furthermore, concerning the Resizable BAR status displayed in the Intel® Arc™ Control Software, we suggest referring to our informative article "Intel® Arc™ Control Software Shows Resizable BAR as 'General-Not-Supported'" for clarity and guidance.

Kindly please make sure to follow this articles thoroughly. Should the issue still persists after doing so, feel free to let me know.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. To help you with this issue, could you please share with us your SSU logs? This will help us be more familiar with your configuration and check for possible errors. Additionally, are there any changes that you have made in your system before this issue occurred? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Sorrow
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I did not make any changes to the system. The issue has persisted since the purchase.

Attached is the SSU info as you've requested

Regards,

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

Thank you for sharing this details. As this is a laptop, I want to let you know that this requires specific driver configuration. Upon checking the logs, I can see that you are using Intel Generic Drivers intended to use for customer build desktops. As such, kindly please try downloading the following drivers specific to your Intel NUC X15 LAPAC71H 

Let me know if the issue persists after doing so. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Sorrow
Novice

Hi, 

Although I installed the specific drivers, the problem persists... 

I had to disable the Discrete GPU to prevent the freezes

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

I am sorry to hear about this results. We want to investigate this properly for you. In order to do that, we kindly ask for the event logs of your system. Additionally, how many displays are you currently using? The reason I ask is because I want to check if this has something to do with the display configuration. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Sorrow
Novice

Hi,

I have uploaded the event logs, I hope they will be helpful for your diagnosis- 

As to display, I am only using the laptop's internal display.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

Thank you for your prompt response. Kindly please allow us sometime to analyze this logs internally and get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, I want to let you know that  Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset" message typically indicates that the system is attempting to recover from an error by resetting the graphics firmware. This can happen for various reasons, such as driver conflicts, outdated firmware, or hardware issues. To further troubleshoot the issue, you can check our Getting Event Viewer Warning "The Intel(R) Graphics System Controller Firmware Interface is being reset." article. 

Furthermore, concerning the Resizable BAR status displayed in the Intel® Arc™ Control Software, we suggest referring to our informative article "Intel® Arc™ Control Software Shows Resizable BAR as 'General-Not-Supported'" for clarity and guidance.

Kindly please make sure to follow this articles thoroughly. Should the issue still persists after doing so, feel free to let me know.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

I am just checking if your system is working fine now. Feel free to let us know if you encounter any issues. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Sorrow
Novice

Hi! 

Although I reinstalled my system, the problem persists.

0 Kudos
Sorrow
Novice

Thanks for your reply!

And yes, the issue is still there. But things have improved after updating to the latest beta driver 5534.  (to say the very least audio cracks during freezes are less frequent) 

But still, there are a lot of firmware resets registered in the event logs...

RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

I am sorry to hear that the problem is still persisting. We want to take a look at this for your further. To do so, kindly please share with us your updated SSU logs. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Sorrow
Novice

Hi RamyerM,

Attached is the SSU you inquired 

Also due to driver instability(occasional bluescreen after sleep), I rolled back to an older WHQL version of 5522

Thanks for taking the time to review it!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

Thank you for sharing the logs. As this is a laptop, it would be best to install the driver recommendation specifically configured on your system which is the driver Graphics - 31.0.101.4575. Currently your system is using the Graphics 31.0.101.5522. In your downloaded NUC driver pack, I highly recommend going to the graphics folder and install the 31.0.101.4575 to check if the issue persists. 

If it does, kindly let me know so we can properly investigate this for you. 

Ramyer M. 

Sorrow
Novice

I tried that many times,  but it only worsened the issue.

I've already sent you the event logs and SSU files in previous posts.

As for your reference,  I found a very similar post that describes the same kind of issue.

Maybe it's a BIOS thing?

Resizable BAR not available, required for Intel Arc A370M (missing in BIOS) Envy 16 - Intel Community

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Sorrow, 

Thank you for confirming that you have already tried this step. Upon reviewing the thread, I noticed the device mentioned was an HP laptop which is why the system was referred to the Original Equipment Manufacturer which is HP. 

Since you have an Intel Laptop, it would be best to coordinate the results back with our team and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
VAGRIK
Novice

Hello Dear

While I love Intel and its services and products, this is my first post on your forum.

I followed all your solutions, and unfortunately my problem was not solved. Anyway, I have this problem too.
I also followed this thread.

Best Regards

Vagrik Shahverdian

IT Administrator

VAGRIK
Novice

The problem was solved.

First: I made a setting in the BIOS, which I don't remember now.
I think it was an option that allowed access to the operating system to make adjustments to the BIOS. In the processor part.

Second: I installed GFX_ARC-Win10_Win11-31.0.101.4575 via Intel_NUC_X15-LAPAC71-Laptop_Kits-Driver_Pack-v1.7 and enabled Clean Install.

Finally, the problem is solved.

SSU is also for after the problem is solved.

Sorrow
Novice

Hi

Thanks for posting here!

I've tried your solution however the problem wasn't fixed.

I still occasionally get the same warning

Could you be so kind as to check if they disappeared from your system? 

0 Kudos
Sorrow
Novice

Hi, 

I wonder what else do you need to assist your investigation?

Also, Driver v4575 is almost one year old and incompatible with a lot of modern titles. 

I think MANY X15 users are dissatisfied with the current situation,

and it would be very beneficial if the driver team could release an updated graphics driver.

Thanks