Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel® Pentium® Processor B950

Emac
Beginner

Hi, everyone!

I am having trouble mirroring or extending my laptop screen on a smart tv via an HDMI cable. The problem is that my TV is not receiving the signal from my laptop. Can someone tell me if my Intel pentium b950 processor has this operation? From what I could figure out, this processor has the following graphics card built in Intel HD Graphics for 2nd Generation Intel Processors.

Can someone help me, please?

Thank you for the attention,

Emac.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no Intel driver for your graphics for Windows 10.  All you have is the Microsoft generic graphics driver, which lacks features and performance.

It is time for you to upgrade to a new(er) system that has an 8th gen or later processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Emac

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful to clarify your concern.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics for 2nd Generation Intel® Processors has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Arun_CS
Beginner

Mr Emac,
I have experienced something like this before when trying to mirror my display to a square monitor has 1280x1024 pixels but when i set it to that resolution it didn't work

solutions
1. Update the drivers , If you haven't any install one
(Intel Hd graphics 3000/2000)
2. try to maximize refresh rate
3.Try to lower the resolution
(Intel core i3 B950 only supports upto 2500x1600)
4.Try switching to difrent resolutions
5. try extended mode or Second display only mode

#
2. option solved my problem that time
#

intel i3 gen 2 or B950 do support windows 10 (6gb ram + 240GB ssd)

but it gets to hot but you can lower the frequency and maintain around 52celcius 

and i use dual monitor with windows 10 and Linux mint  " never experienced any problem " Thank you Intel  

This is not from intel Im Just a student 

0 Kudos