Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel® Pentium® Processor G3220 (3M Cache, 3.00 GHz) Old Graphics Driver Versions Lost to History?

daft
Beginner

So my graphics were working perfectly fine when I decided to download RuneScape (popular RPG game) and it told me my graphics drivers were 1825 <!> days out of date. Sure enough, they were right so I quickly updated them to the newest version.

Restarted, and that's when the crashing happened. The familiar message "display driver stopped responding and has recovered windows 8(r)" would pop up every single time I did something that required more than ~25% of my cpu. Whether it's loading a game, google chrome, discord, or anything. I tried every fix out there known to man, and no I don't have 10 tabs open or multiple programs open at once. 

Eventually I got fed up and decided to say screw it and just find the ancient version I was using before because it's not like I was having problems with it, or at least not to the extent where the PC became unusable. I've searched the entire internet looking for a graphics driver that's not only compatible with my processor (Intel® Pentium® Processor G3220 (3M Cache, 3.00 GHz) on Windows 7 64-bit), but is also from around ~2015 when my drivers were last updated. Currently I'm not using a graphics driver so I'm typing this on google chrome with a resolution of 600x800, but at least it doesn't constantly crash and black out (none of my games load either even in that resolution set in the launch options).

Even looking through old forums where people had a similar problem to me, the links in the solutions that supposedly lead to the download links for the graphics drivers no longer work, as in this thread for example: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Help-Need-exact-link-to-exact-graphic-driver-for-exact-pentium/m-p/502349#M51631

I'm truly desperate as I won't have access to my new computer in quite some time. Can someone crack this case for me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello daft,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

Can you please confirm the following:

• Previous driver version and the new one with the issue.
  • Which steps did you follow to install the new driver?

Provide me with the below reports:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

IPDT:

Please provide an Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. The diagnostic tool checks for brand identification, verifies the processor operating frequency, tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello daft,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let me know if you need more assistance. 

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello daft,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need further assistance, please create a new thread.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos