Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel(R) Graphics HD Graphics 620 - update breaks Microsoft surface pen and pinch to zoom

laine
Beginner

The 27.20.100.9616 driver update caused my microsoft surface pen and the pinch to zoom functionality to completely stop working spontaneously during use. When it fails, I can manually go into Device Manager->Display Adapters-> Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 and disable then enable it to fix the issue temporarily, but it just happens again after 5-10 minutes. Before discovering this temporary fix I had to restart the computer to get the pen and pinch zoom to work again. This reddit thread also describes the issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

laine, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

When did the issue start, is there any particular reason why you did the driver update to version 27.20.100.9616?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides the driver update?

Which specific Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

On many tablets, handhelds and laptops, the manufacturer will modify the graphics driver to enable custom features of the device. When you install the generic, unmodified drivers from the Intel site, you will be eliminating these custom features. It is for this reason that we recommend that you stick with the drivers provided by your device manufacturer. If there is some feature or bug fix that you see available in the Intel-provided drivers and need to have, you then need to contact your device manufacturer and ask them for an update driver package.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos