Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Intel (R) HD Graphics 620 issue

Esteban52
Beginner

Hello, I have an Asus laptop UX410UAK with a Core i3, and an Intel (R) HD Graphics 620, but when I connect to an external 4k monitor (Asus VG289Q1A) I:
-cannot change the resolution in display settings in windows 10 (it's all greyed out)
-in the Intel Graphics Settings Control Panel I can only choose 2550 x 1440 and only 59Hz or 60Hz. 

The questions are: is my graphics card 4K compatible? I already downloaded the updated driver of the graphics card from the Asus Website, and also the driver of the monitor. 

How can I set it to 4k?

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot, 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

In the spec summary, the HDMI port is not marked as big supported by an LSPcon IC, which means that the best it can support is HDMI 1.4a and 4K@30Hz. More realistically, you may be stuck with 2K@60Hz.

The spec summary didn't indicate if any of the USB-C connectors support DisplayPort Alternate Mode. If one does, then this can be used, with an appropriate adapter, to get a 4K@60Hz connection.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos