Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine not starting on WIndows 10

JCarv14
Novice

Hello!

I recently made a clean install of windows 10 from a usb. When I then go to the device manager, it says the Intel(R) Trusted Execution Engine Interface can not start. Have tried to update the driver but it says it is the lastest. I've removed the device and driver but when I check for hardware updates, the device returns with same error.

Model: Asus X552M

Driver Version: 2.0.0.1067

Error Message: This device can not start. (Code 10), STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JCarv14
Novice

Hi.

I've contacted support and all is well, now.

They instructed me to install two drivers. One is the chipset inf you told about, which I already had installed, and the other one is the specific Trusted Execution Engine driver, which is not available at the drivers download site for my model. They provided direct download shortcuts.

After installing that specific driver, error is gone and device is started.

In case someone gets the same issue for this laptop, here is the driver shortcut: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/TXEI/TXEI_Intel_Win10_64_VER1101064.zip

When installing, the setup will warn that there is a more recent driver version already installed on the system. You should proceed and replace the existing driver with the one being installed. Just to clear, the existing driver is generic from Intel and the driver being installed is specific for this laptop model.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you install the asus provided chipset inf?

Doc

0 Kudos
JCarv14
Novice

Hi Doc.

I've been at the downloads page for this laptop on Asus site. I've downloaded and installed everything related to Intel, including one item named "Intel INF Update Driver" under "Chipset" group. Installation is successful but the issue remains.

Maybe there's some trick to install it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No trick to installing. I suggest you now contact ASUS for support as they are responsible for support and warranty of your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
JCarv14
Novice

Hi.

I've contacted support and all is well, now.

They instructed me to install two drivers. One is the chipset inf you told about, which I already had installed, and the other one is the specific Trusted Execution Engine driver, which is not available at the drivers download site for my model. They provided direct download shortcuts.

After installing that specific driver, error is gone and device is started.

In case someone gets the same issue for this laptop, here is the driver shortcut: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin10/TXEI/TXEI_Intel_Win10_64_VER1101064.zip

When installing, the setup will warn that there is a more recent driver version already installed on the system. You should proceed and replace the existing driver with the one being installed. Just to clear, the existing driver is generic from Intel and the driver being installed is specific for this laptop model.

Thank you!

0 Kudos