Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 random BSODs with recent Windows 10 19H2, 20H2

vzabawski
Beginner

Hello. I have an Asus (X542UF) laptop with Intel HD 620 (+NVIDIA GeForce MX130). After some updates in approximately August or September 2020, Windows 10 started crashing with BSODs. Here's the list of error messages:

1. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

3. THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

4. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

I've contacted Asus support, they are advising to reinstall the driver and claim the culprit is Windows 10. With recent updates Windows introduced some changes, and they are causing BSODs. The most recent driver that Asus site has is V26.20.100.7325 and when I'm installing it, it shows error message "This operating system is not supported". Readme says it really is so, because the latest supported by that driver version of Windows 10 is 19H2. I had to install the latest driver from Intel site (27.20.100.9030), but BSODs still occur. Maybe because installing generic drivers on devices with hybrid graphics is not advised. So, what can I do in that situation?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You have a laptop with dual graphics. You should be running only the driver(s) provided by your laptop vendor. Installing generic drivers from the Intel (or NVIDIA) site will wipe out any customizations that have been added to the drivers. This would include the capabilities for switching back and forth between the two engines.

...S

0 Kudos
vzabawski
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

It's a funny story, but the vendor advised me to install generic Intel drivers since vendor-customized drivers do not support Windows 10 20H2. Hoping to receive the update in the future, but right now the situation looks strange.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @vzabawski

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the information provided by the community has been helpful.

We found that you have an internal open case describing the same issue and the same hardware/software environment as the one in this thread. Since Intel® Customer Support is already assisting you through the internal case, to avoid duplication of effort we will close this thread now from our end and the support will continue through the internal case.

We will leave the thread open for other users to participate but if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos