Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Intel UHD 750 RAM USAGE

asabovesobelow

Why is so much RAM allocated for UHD 750? Can i change it? I didn't find an option in BIOS to do it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

asabovesobelow, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, "why is so much RAM allocated for UHD 750?" The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) does not have a dedicated memory; it uses shared memory that will be allocated automatically depending on various factors.

"Can i change it?" The option to adjust the maximum memory is usually available in the BIOS but the setting may not be available for all systems. 

In the following link you will be able to confirm that information and also you will see further details about this topic, including links like FAQs and additional aspects about this matter:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000041253/graphics/graphics-for-5th-generation-intel-processors.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello asabovesobelow, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technicia

0 Kudos
asabovesobelow
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

asabovesobelow, Thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, excellent, we are glad to know the information provided on this topic was useful and helpful for you.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos