Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics 600 on windows 8.1

ComputerVirusTesting
So I recently installed Windows 8.1 on my old laptop because there is software I use that doesn't work on windows 10 (even using compatibility options) This laptop's graphics card is intel UHD Graphics 600. The only drivers I can find are for windows 10. Is there a way to get the drivers to work on 8.1? (Don't judge my display name, couldn't think of anything)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?   If a 7th gen processor or later, only Windows 10 is supported.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
ComputerVirusTesting
My processor is an intel celeron N4000
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That is a Gemini Lake processor. Like the 7th gen and later Core processors, only support for Windows 10 is provided. There is no possibility of using a hack to back-port the driver to Windows 8.1 as the drivers are being implemented in the DCH driver model, which is only supported (by Microsoft) on Windows 10.

Sorry,

...S

AlejoDuran
Beginner
Quiere decir que solo podemos conformarnos con el adaptador de pantalla básica de Microsoft que trae por defecto Windows 8.1?, pues yo tengo ese mismo problema, mi procesador es N4020.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It means that you should be using Windows 10, and nothing less.

0 Kudos
AlejoDuran
Beginner
Well yes, if there is no other alternative. Although I understand that windows 8.1 has not left Microsoft support
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Microsoft has decided that nothing less than windows 10 will be supported on 7th gen processors and later..  It has nothing to do with windows 8.x still being supported by Microsoft.

0 Kudos