Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel Xe laptop- black screen, display not waking from sleep

johnsnowed
Beginner

Hi there,

On the latest drivers from Intel, the laptop display doesn't wake from sleep successfully.

The issue doesn't occur if I roll back to the per-installed 8435 driver, but occurs on all recently released Intel drivers, 9030 to 9168.

I truly wish to avoid staying on the per-installed driver, as Intel is rolling out lots of gaming improvements on newer drivers.

Please kindly help me fix this bug, so that I can succesfully continue to stay on latest Intel drivers.

I have attached both the DxDiag and SSU for your onward investigation.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
johnsnowed
Beginner

Apologies, attaching the correct SSU here

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello johnsnowed,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

We completely understand that you want to keep the generic driver from Intel* since it has improvements for games. However, the Intel* recommendation is always to use the driver from the manufacturer's website. Every time we release a new driver, we provide it to all equipment manufacturers (OEM) so they can customize the drivers and adjust them to work properly with each specific system. We cannot ensure that the generic driver will work in all the systems, and when customers decide to use it, some OEM features may be affected, in this case, the sleep feature.

Intel just provides the CPU in stock settings, and we do not have control over any customization that the equipment manufacturer has performed, meaning that we do not handle your system specifications, and we cannot modify our driver to work with your system. The best course of action is to contact the OEM, Acer*, and request more information about future releases of customized drivers.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello johnsnowed,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos