Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Intel arc has artifact in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi,

I have observed some artifact when I am at Tourssaint when playing Witcher 3. The shadow of building sometimes may flash especially in the dark spot and when I am moving. The in game graphics setting is RT off Xess Ultra Quality and everything else max out. The SSU is attatched. 

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

We had similar reports regarding issues with popping shadows in The Witcher which were resolved in the latest version of the game and drivers. As a first step please completely uninstall the game from your system and reinstall it, also uninstall your driver using Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstall version 31.0.101.5081.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

After that approach, the problem still persists.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

Taking into consideration that the issue persists we might need to retest the game in our lab, please let us know the game distribution service and the version of the game that you have. In addition, please let us know if the issue only happens in that specific point in the game, or anywhere within the game or the blood and wine expansion.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Bill_da_da
New Contributor I

Hi Hugo,

I am using the steam distribution and it is patch 4.04. The bug I observed so far only occurs in the blood and wine expansion. It is most noticeable when looking to the palace of tourssaint.

Thanks,

Bill Ge

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Bill_da_da

Thank you for sharing the game details. We will continue with an investigation and check if this issue might need to be replicated. We will let you now once we have more information for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello @Bill_da_da 

Our driver debug team tested and analyzed this issue and confirmed it as a bug with the game code itself. We also noticed the glitch occurs on competition GPU as well hence we recommend reporting this to the game developer so it can be addressed in a future patch.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos