Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel's Graphic Media Controller multi-monitor support for main monitor Saved to the Right.

PTalb1
Beginner

I tried to send the following to Intel support but they mail send page was broken

------------------------------------------------------

Intel's Graphic Media Controller multi-monitor support

Intel's Graphic Media Controller Panel multi-monitor display only supports main monitor on the left.

My main monitor must be on the right and I set it that way in Windows Display properties.

When I use the menu it changes to left.

Can Intel's developers please add an internal option that supports setting and saving the main monitor to the right.

That way when I you use the |Graphic Options>Output To>Extended Desktop> it won't change my settings to the left making me have to go to change it every time I change output with the controller menu.

There is No Need to change the menu or complicate things by adding more double the number of options.

In the attached picture which ever choice you make will set the main display to the right.

The Digital Display is my main display, however my other Monitor and the TV are on the left.

Business User, Technical Support, End User

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please attach your DxDiag report (press Windows* key + R key, type "dxdiag", press OK and then click "Save All Information").

0 Kudos
PTalb1
Beginner

Thanks for your replies:

Joe - THERE IS NO FAULT: So no need for a dxdiag

Robert I looked at that, played around with various scenarios, but this option is the same as using the

This doesn't solve the issue, it is the same as using Windows Resolution. They both require me to either minimize my windows or go through extra steps.

THE PROBLEM:

The menu's available options are lacking.

(See Photo)

When using the menu from the Intel Graphic Tray Icon it will always make the display on the Left the primary monitor.

The menu's Designer/Programmer assumes that the user wants the primary monitor on the Left,

Most people will want the Primary Display on the Left. My desk is on the right of the Presentation TV and can't be changed.

Yes, I could go to configure it each time as I have done for the past year but I have to minimise all windows to change the configuration.

Presently, I set my presentation up with output set to one monitor, my Digital Display

When I am ready to make the presentation I go to the menu and choose an option

All my work, including the 'My Eyes Only', will end up being moved to the television on the left and I have to move each Window to the right one at a time.

Currently I choose then go to Graphic Properties or Windows Resolution and configure the monitors 'EVERYTIME' to move the Primary to the Right,

it doesn't seem right to do this several times a day when a quick access menu is available in the system tray.

THE REQUEST:

1. I want to use the quick access menu
  2. I want the Primary Monitor on the right and I want it to stay there when I change to multiple outputs.
  3. I want to switch between an multi-display combination, always keeping the Primary on the RIGHT
  4. I want my start menu as well as the system tray on the right
  5. I ALSO want my presentation notes on the right monitor

6. but I want the presentations on the left.
  7. I want video Training on the left
  8. I want all viewing to be on the left where the HD TV is
  9. I want my controls and additional information on the right.

This is because the Menu Designer/Programmer assumes I want the Primary Monitor on the Left.

So I am asking for an option that would make the Primary Monitor be on the Right.

SUGGESTED SOLUTION

The simplest way is a option in the Graphic Properties that the user can change the Primary Display as "Always Left" or "Always Right"

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil

Thanks for the details on your usage case. I am checking with out developers to see if there is a way to add that functionality to the user interface.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil

Have you tried using the "Profiles" option in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to get the results you desire?

Profiles:

Desktop menu to select a Profile:

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
PTalb1
Beginner

That option would also be a solution. I have several profiles that I have saved over the past year.

However, two things are not the same.

My Intel HD Graphics Control Panel is different from yours and I don't have the same profile options that you have.

I don't have the option to put the profiles on the System Tray icon.

What I have looks like the image below.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Phil

If I understand your request correctly you are trying to make the physical configuration of your displays match the configuration in Windows.

Open the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (right click desktop, click Graphics Properties), then click the Display tile, then click the Display dropdown along the top and click Multiple Displays. You will then see the display configuration on the right. You can drag them to match the configuration of your displays and then select which will be primary and secondary.