Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20988 Discussions

Intergrated Graphic Card Broken

akhmadrayandi
Beginner
hello, i recently bought a laptop with i3 10100, and it's fine until today, suddenly my screen is having weird black tiny square all over the screen, and then it turns black completely, i have tried uninstalling Intel VGA drivers and installing again, even reinstalling my windows 10, when i connect to hdmi only taskbar is showing and the laptop is jut black screen you can see in attachment, and the laptop is slow as hell
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShunMnzed
New Contributor I

@akhmadrayandi 

hmm it sounds like you've already taken some proactive steps to address the problem by reinstalling the Intel VGA drivers and even reinstalling Windows 10. Here are a few additional steps you can consider to troubleshoot further. Ensure that all cables, including the HDMI cable, are securely connected. Sometimes loose connections can cause display issues. Since you mentioned that only the taskbar appears when connected via HDMI, try connecting your laptop to an external monitor to see if the display issue persists. This will help determine if the problem is with the laptop's internal display or the GPU. Boot your laptop into Safe Mode (press F8 repeatedly during startup) to see if the issue occurs there. Safe Mode loads only essential drivers and can help determine if a third-party application or driver is causing the problem. Double-check that all drivers, including chipset drivers and BIOS firmware, are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause display issues. If the problem started recently, consider using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state where it was functioning normally.

I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue with your laptop's display and performance.

Tyler
0 Kudos
akhmadrayandi
Beginner
hi thanks for the answer, i tried to boot into safe mode and it's normal, i can use the laptop using microsoft basic display adapter
0 Kudos
ShunMnzed
New Contributor I

Yes.. Glad to hear you were able to boot into safe mode successfully! Using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter should help troubleshoot the issue further. Have you update your graphics driver? hmmm by the way please upload your system utility log here so we can check if the system used the latest update. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause display issues just like this.

Are you still experiencing the problem?

Tyler
0 Kudos