Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Iris Xe Text/app scale must not be global but rather kept per monitor combination (second try)

mdear
Beginner
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello mdear,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. 

In this case, please try following the next steps in order to disable global settings on the Intel® Graphics Command Center:

1. Open the Intel® Graphics Command Center

2. In Home, click Global Settings in the top right corner.

3. Select the enable/disable button for the desired setting(s).

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mdear
Beginner
I don't understand what you are advising me to do.

I downloaded the Graphics Command Center app but I did not see any per-display scaling settings that could be changed differently for each monitor combination (single laptop screen which I want at 125% versus three monitors including laptop screen in which case I want the laptop screen at 200%).  I don't want to have to manually adjust this setting each time I pull out the USB-C connector to my hub monitor with daisy chained DP secondary monitor and take my laptop on the road.

Please advise.

Thanks,
<Myles>
0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello mdear,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello mdear,

In this case, the scaling option on Windows is global and there is no way to adjust this monitor-by-monitor. It is also important for you to know that on our Intel® Graphics Command Center, there is no option for adjusting scaling for apps/text so no changes can be performed from the app. 

Our recommendation, in this case, is to check with Microsoft to see if there are other options are available to try to adjust this scaling on each display individually. 

Hope this information is useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
mdear
Beginner

I'm trying using the following utility, early results are encouraging.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/

0 Kudos