Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Iris Xe and AWS Workspaces

mikabrown
Novice

Have an issue with the AWS Workspaces client on my HP laptop with 11th Gen i7-1165G7 / Iris Xe.  In the end it feels like a driver issue...

The login screen for the app does not show my input, but if I blindly enter username/pw, it will log in.  Then the main desktop screen is just black.  Occasionally a portion of the screen will become visible if I move things around / minimize / maximize.

I found similar issues for 11th Gen Iris Xe reported with Citrix and Logos apps.  Suggested from Logos was to disable acceleration for WPF applications via registry: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DisableHWAcceleration : 1

This immediately solved the problem, but disabling acceleration doesn't seem like a long term fix.

Tried with Intel driver version up to this weeks  27.20.100.9126.

Tried with Workspaces version up to current 3.1.2.  

So is this a know issue with the Intel drivers and the 11th Gen Iris Xe? Or more with the app?

Thanks!

Mika

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gabriela_Intel

Update: Production driver 30.0.100.9684 is now up in Download Center! Check it out. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 Replies
Bamba
Beginner

As asked above, did the beta version released on 6/8 fix this issue?

Also. When will the official version be released?
We are in great trouble.

0 Kudos
RadioEngineer
Beginner

Greetings,

Good news, I finally had a moment to set up a "sand box" environment to test the 30.0.100.9667 June 8th beta release.  My testing confirmed this beta resolves the WPF related bugs described in this thread.  I also received confirmation from three other users of the same WPF based software that it resolved there issue as well.  With a few more days of testing we will considering using the beta in the production environment, but of course would prefer a production release. 

We had switched to AMD based laptops to avoid this issue but the Intel products have some battery performance advantages and were easier to source so we plan to move back.

Best,

Ted

0 Kudos
Len99
Beginner

I've just loaded the XE Graphics Driver ver: 30.0.100.9684 and now two of my applications display full screen without a taskbar.

The first is the WhatsApp desktop app and the second is the MS Search (keyboard shortcut: Win+S).

I am using the latest version of Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Noise79
Beginner

I'm having the same issue. Could you please provide a link for the driver update and confirm it fixes the issue with whatsapp qr code?

0 Kudos
Len99
Beginner

My solution was to download latest version of the Intel Graphics Driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/30579/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html)

then Install using the standard Windows process via Device Manager; Display Adaptors.

NOTE: When I used Intel Support Assistant to update it uninstalled my Realtek sound drivers and put me in an endless loop! Reinstalling sound then caused the Graphic driver to be rolled back. From memory I believe this happened because Windows Update intervened and overwrote the Graphic driver.

Since then 30.0.100.9864 has remained static and WhatsApp QR code worked fine the last time I needed it.

I hope this helps you too.

Len

0 Kudos
Bamba
Beginner

As you can see in the comment above, did this bug have been fixed in the beta version released on 6/8? Also, we are waiting for the official release, not the beta version. When are you planning this?

0 Kudos
mikabrown
Novice

Glad to here this is being addressed.  Should we be concerned that it's now July and no production driver release?  Or is it being held up because the fix caused and issue in a game 😉 

0 Kudos
Bamba
Beginner

As you can see in the comment above, did this bug have been fixed in the beta version released on 6/8? Also, we are waiting for the official release, not the beta version. When are you planning this?

0 Kudos
nls-
Beginner

What's taking so long? It's been almost one month since the suggested release date and everything is working fine in the latest beta version. I've installed that one but it keeps getting overwritten every so often by Windows which sees the retail driver as being newer. No big deal for me since I just reinstall the beta driver, but I assume there's a lot of professional customers waiting for this to get solved who aren't allowed to install a beta driver.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

These things take time. There are a lot of hardware scenarios and a lot of software scenarios that all have to be validated before a Beta release is committed. Depending upon the changes being included, this can sometimes take months to finish. My advice? Patience, Grasshopper. 

...S

0 Kudos
Aikurna
Beginner

Hi to all young and old grasshoppers. My computer is working fine since I installed driver 27.20.100.9616 from Intel downloadcenter. I didn't try the newer beta versions. With this I can stay patient.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hey everyone! I see that some of you are waiting on the next production release. Good news is that we're aiming to release a production driver with the fix to downloadcenter.intel.com within the next two weeks. Stay tuned!

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Update: Production driver 30.0.100.9684 is now up in Download Center! Check it out. 

0 Kudos