Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Is my Intel HD 630 graphics dead?

JLiza1
Beginner

I've been searching and reinstalling and uninstalling drivers for my intel graphics from Intel and also from the Asus support page but i always get a black screen whenever i boot into windows before logging while laptop still on, no cursor. I have to enter in safe mode just to delete the driver and revert back to Microsoft display adapter then black screen would be gone when i boot back to windows. I also made a reset to windows but black screen is still there. I believe its a faulty Windows update, running on 1809. What do you guys think? Do i have to make a clean install of windows? or is my graphics card dead.

Asus support page

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-FX553VE/HelpDesk_Download/

Laptop specs:

i7-7700HQ

8GB Ram

GTX 1050ti

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Since you have dual graphics on your laptop, you MUST use ONLY the drivers provided by ASUS. Also, support for your laptop is provided by ASUS. If you do have a hardware problem, ONLY ASUS can help you.

Doc

0 Kudos
JLiza1
Beginner

I already tried using drivers provided by Asus but the issue still persists, made a reset of Windows, uninstalled old and existing drivers with DDU still black screen. Its either i make clean fresh install of Windows if same issue then possibility it may be a hardware problem

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Support for your laptop is provided by ASUS. If you do have a hardware problem, ONLY ASUS can help you.

Doc

0 Kudos