Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21222 Discussions

Issue screen with intel UHD graphics update

eitan1602
Beginner

hey,

im having a big issue with the intel UHD graphics update. i add a picture of details about my laptop to have a look.  After i update to the last version with the intel tool (version 31.0.101.2115) the screen start delay for 2-3 seconds and sometimes flickering or not showing well the colors. its on websites usually when i close tabs or some other problems. i've seen that when i deleted the update driver its go ok but the resolution is looks low and its an very very old driver and the windows update it automat. its been a long time happened to me, since i buy my pc and i just waited always for a new version and its still existent even from previous update version. i try also the safe moot and reinstall it, but nothing help it.

so did anyone update the uhd graphics with no screen problems? please tell me how because its a new computer (1.5 year) and im sure there is nothing wrong with my machine. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
eitan1602
Beginner

hey, 

first thanks for the responding. i actually think i've found the solution. 

i deleted again all the gpu drivers for intel uhd. then i let the windows update do it again and choose the version to update without using an intel tool. because with the intel tool i'm on an older version. but even in this previous version its working well. And now i'm not going to let the intel make my updates to the display drivers. only throgh windows updates.

thanks again and i hoped that it'll help for everyone too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello eitan1602

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are experiencing some graphics issues.

To better assist you, please provide us with the following:

• Is this issue present on the embedded laptop display?
  • Have you tried using an external display?
  • To better investigate this issue, create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
eitan1602
Beginner

hey, 

first thanks for the responding. i actually think i've found the solution. 

i deleted again all the gpu drivers for intel uhd. then i let the windows update do it again and choose the version to update without using an intel tool. because with the intel tool i'm on an older version. but even in this previous version its working well. And now i'm not going to let the intel make my updates to the display drivers. only throgh windows updates.

thanks again and i hoped that it'll help for everyone too.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello eitan1602,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

We always recommend using the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos