Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Kaby Lake-G drivers, it's happening...

Bryce_Intel

Looong overdue and we know that's not right, so, we've been working hard on correcting this. It's been a long road to get new drivers for Radeon™ RX Vega M (codenamed Kaby Lake-G) and we're now dotting and crossing the last of the i's and t's to make it happen. I've been given a loose schedule and if all looks good, we should have the next driver mid to late July and posted soon after! After this next release it should follow a regular cadence. Stay tuned for more info if I get any before the release.

.:Bryce:.

1 Solution
Bryce_Intel

For those other OEM platforms (and it will work for NUC as well), it's live in the main graphics section too. I'm told future releases are targeting quarterly and since this first one took a while the next is actually just around the corner. Also, all the logistics are complete with this first one, so the following drivers should be much more timely. Remember that targets are moveable though and can get pushed out for various reasons so set your expectations accordingly. Thanks for hanging in there!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19282/radeon-rx-vega-m-graphics.html

.:Bryce:.

btw, I'm on Twitter now if you want to follow me, please do!  🙂 @theBryceisRt

View solution in original post

49 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Tease.  I am from Missouri.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

AlexKeky
New Contributor I

Finally! 🎉

VCoba
New Contributor II

I'm looking forward to it!!!

VCoba
New Contributor II

What version should I expect? 21.6.1?

jabbermacy
Novice

watching this space with baited breath

Sypherin
Beginner
Keenly waiting!
VCoba
New Contributor II

So, it's already the end of July, and there are still no promised drivers. Another divorce? 🤔

Sypherin
Beginner
Oh well. If anyone is interested Google for "hades-Vegam" and check out the unofficial drivers released via github
littlep1
Beginner

August 6th now... any update on this?  Last I read the driver was working, there were just some small issues with the file... why is this taking so long? 😞

AlHill
Super User

With apologies to Robert Burns...

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us
It wad frae monie a blunder free us
An' foolish notion

0 Kudos
VCoba
New Contributor II

We are waiting for an explanation from @Bryce_Intel.

0 Kudos
VCoba
New Contributor II

From the outside, all this looks like some kind of mockery of all those who bought this misunderstanding called Intel NUC Hades Canyon 😡 Even ordinary users have long learned to modify the latest AMD drivers so that they work on Hades Canyon too 🙄

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Hello folks! I'm in a different role here in Intel now, but didn't want to leave ya hanging so I checked in with the ol' team and they're still working on this so don't fret. It's still taking time with the i's and t's, apparently the coordination between two companies isn't always quick and simple if you can believe it. Rest assured we do actually have the driver in our hands within Intel and it's being validated and prepped so that when we do get the green light from the powers that be, we can just click the release button. I know it's been a journey, but the good stuff is just within sight so thanks for your patience! I can't wait either!

AlHill
Super User

Ok everyone.  You heard Bryce.   He has excaped the confines of graphics support.   So, all of us can remove his photo from our dart boards and replace his photo with the Intel logo.

0 Kudos
VCoba
New Contributor II

I'd love to see proof that you have this driver. There is a suspicion that you are simply fooling your users. If there really is a driver, then post at least a beta version. What are the problems I don't understand?

At least let us know what version you are working on (if this is a true at all).

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
We'll put Chris's up instead? ;^)
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Works for me<G>

0 Kudos
Arlyn_B_Intel
Employee

Win11

------------------

Sept 03'21 - Edit:

***Update***

Sorry, @AlHill and everyone else, I was just doing a test for analysis. Win11 doesn't mean anything for this thread. Sorry about that!

Arlyn

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Win11?  What does that mean for this thread?

0 Kudos
jabbermacy
Novice
It means move over to Linux, I switched over to crashbang plus plus and it's a cool distro, use pop OS if you're a little scared of Linux it's very easy
0 Kudos