Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

LG31MU97-B monitor issue with intel hd graphics 630

aasho
Novice

Dear Sir,

Ref: 1)https://intel-openport-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/115293?start=15&tstart=0 4k resolution issue intel hd 630 graphics |Intel Communities

2)

There is no fix on the above 2 threads.I have till now got no reply from LG also.I will enumerate the issue point by point.

1)There is no display when the monitor is directly connected via motherboard display port.

2)When i use a thunderbolt 3 convertor i'am getting display but there is noise is display port audio.LG service centre changed the monitor motherboard twice but the noise issue in display port is not fixed.They have informed that it is an issue with intel graphics driver.To be noted that there is no noise with hdmi 1.4 input.

3)When using nvidia graphics card both the above mentioned issues are not there and it detects the monitor without any issues and no audio problems.If nvidia can do it ,why cant intel fix this issue at driver level.

Kindly try to work a solution for the issue as lot of consumers are faced with the same issue.Expecting a positive response from intel.

With best regards,

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download and run this utility, and attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Then, one of the Intel support engineers will be able to assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

hello,

Your requested info attached.Already given this info in the previous thread.Kindly contact for any further details.Expecting your immediate reply

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

hello,

The same audio issue i reported is plaguing new macbook with thunderbolt.Might be a driver or firmware issue.

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

hello,

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

hello,

Still waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing the information you have posted and I do not see any problems within the report posted here.

What I would like to try in this case is either, try the connection with a different DisplayPort cable, or, follow the steps below in order to do a manual and clean driver installation of the driver:

1 - Download the .zip driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909

2 - Disconnect the computer from the internet.

3 - Go to device manager and check under display adapters.

4 - Right-click on the Intel ® Integrated Graphics, select the option uninstall and keep going until you only have Microsoft's basic display adapter.

5 - Unzip the file you downloaded previously.

6 - Right-click on the Microsoft's basic display adapter and select "Update driver".

7 - Select the option "Browse my computer for driver software.

8 - Select the option "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9 - Select the option "Have disk".

10 - Select the option "Browse".

11 - Access the designated location or folder where you unzipped the driver downloaded and access a folder called "Graphics".

12 - Select the setup information file (Typically named either "idglh64" or "igdlh").

13 - Click on open and then click OK, finally click Next and the drivers will begin to install.

14 - Reboot your computer when the installation is completed.

Let me know the outcome please.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Nothing works i tried changing the display port cable and resinstalled the driver as mentioned by you.This is an issue of detecting EDID of this particular monitor of which intel is already aware.But the monitor works fine when using display port 1.2 of thunderbolt 3 hub but it introduces noise in display port audio.No support from LG end for fixing this issue hope intel can do something here.With the latest driver update there is also detection issues in display port 1.2 when the monitor is switched off and on.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

I was double-checking the information within the threads you mentioned and I was able to see that this issue has already been reported to LG. I understand that they may have not yet released an update to address the noise issue; however, in this case, we cannot tell how long it will take to release an update.

I would recommend you to get in contact with LG and see if there has been any changes whatsoever.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

LG has not yet given any update to this issue till date.There is no option for firmware upgrade on this monitor.So only option is to change this monitor or buy an nvidia graphics card.My question is

1)how nvidia graphics handles everything(monitor detection and display port audio) without any issues.

2)Can intel fix this issue at driver level.

Expecting your immediate reply.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

In this case, this is something fixed via firmware for the monitor as it has been mentioned in the other threads you have opened. The current firmware for the monitor must be configured to work properly with the Nvidia* graphics adapter.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

The upgradation of firmware is not possible for this monitor since the firmware upgrade option is not there in the menu.The monitor detection is something which is done by driver since the display becomes blank once the graphics driver loads.So i feel a workaround can be done in the display driver for detecting this monitor.Moreover the noise in display port audio when connected via thunderbolt is an issue with the audio driver not related to monitor firmware.Similar issue was faced in macbook pro released recently when connected to a thunderbolt 3 monitor.Atleast find a fix for the audio noise issue with thunderbolt 3.Moreover the thunderbolt3 monitor detection is becoming worse with newer display driver releases.When monitor is switched off and switched on there is no display.I expect intel to put atleast some effort in solving this issue.

With best regards,

Amal Ashok

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

In general terms we cannot guarantee compatibility with every single device available, we already investigated this issue with the LG 31MU97-B and concluded that there is an issue with this monitor's panel firmware that needs to be addressed by the manufacturer, hence Intel recommends reporting this issue directly to LG*

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos