Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Laptop display flashing issues after updating graphics drivers

Kukisiki6665
Beginner
A laptop from ACER with an integrated Intel Graphics 630 graphics card. The problem is that after updating the graphical solution, namely, auto-updating drivers through the downloadcenter, and further self-rebooting the laptop, there was a problem with the screen blinking after logging in, which prevents me from doing anything, except for the ability to open the task manager !
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
Kukisiki6665
Beginner
I can't do anything, absolutely! All shortcuts on the desktop are gone. I can only open the task manager through the combination ctrl-alt-del, in this menu I can freely leave the system, change the user or open the task manager
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Kukisiki6665, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

For this behavior, I will appreciate if you can provide the following information: 

1. Since you are not able to run the report, please provide: 

• Laptop's full model number: 
  • Processor model number: 
  • Operating System edition and version: 

2. What is the exact driver version that was installed and caused this behavior? 

3. Are you able to boot into Safe Mode? Please check this link for some guidance: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode 

4. Have you tried plugging an external monitor/TV and see if the issue persists there?

Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Kukisiki6665,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Kukisiki6665,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos