Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Latest drivers (3960) "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements..."

BP5
New Contributor I

I'm unable to update to the latest drivers (Intel 4400 HD, Windows 8.1)

I've attempted to install them manually to no avail. I get the error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

I'll part with the information that I'm running a Yoga 2 Pro on the condition that you don't give me the bullocks "use your manufacturer's driver" given that they're outdated and don't support proper display scaling.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Medevila,

Please try installing this driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24348 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24348

If you have problems during the installation try the steps mentioned here:

/docs/DOC-22542 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22542

Kevin M

BP5
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. That's the installer/zip I'd been using, but I tried again anyway.

Still not working. If I attempt a manual install via browse, Windows tells me the most up to date driver is installed, regardless of what is installed.. If I attempt 'have disk', Windows tells me there's not a compatible driver in the folder, even though it's the appropriate driver.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Medevila,

Please try the following steps exactly.

1. Login with administrator privileges

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Click on "Display adapters"

5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

6. Click on the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Update Driver" button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk" button

11. Click "Browse"

12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to

13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS</span>

15. Click "OK"

16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.

17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
CQuar
Novice

Note that the "feature" also exists with Windows 10 Preview 8960, yet the configuration utility in 3960 still does not allow above 8bpc (after 18 months).

Because of the recent managerial changes at Microsoft, WHQL might be more stringent, requiring that the full Intel GFX hardware capabilities are offered by the drivers (minimum requirements !), this trend might be setting a precedent, and even if you set Windows 8 compatibility with admin rights, you'll get the message after it wipes the temporary folder, hence the *.zip comes handy.

0 Kudos
BP5
New Contributor I

I'm not seeing igdlh64.inf in the folder of the driver I downloaded,

When I use the one that IS there, I'm told:

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device"

0 Kudos
BP5
New Contributor I

To recapitulate, there is no igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file visible in the latest drivers.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Medevila, In step 14 do use the kit64ics.inf for the generic install. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
BP5
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply, Robert. I think the problem is with Lenovo's Yoga 2 Pro then, as I'm unable to do so.

0 Kudos