Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Minecraft hangs on Intel HD 620

Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

I am using the latest intel DCH driver available, When I use any shaders, The game will freeze and hang without crashing. The only way out is to close it. This issue is very annoying and I want to get this fixed. However, If I roll back to the 27. x drivers, the hanging does stop. Please help me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Igamerxlcl,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

3. Do you have issues with other games?

4. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Igamerxlcl,

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Igamerxlcl,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.    

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Igamerxlcl
New Contributor I

My specs are: 

Intel Core I5 7200U @2.50ghz - 2.71 Turbo boost to 3.10 GHz

Intel HD graphics 620 (Codename Kaby Lake)

16Gb Ram (8GB allocated for VRAM)

I am using a laptop, No, I do not have the same issues with other games.

Another problem I have is Intel HD graphics command center will not detect my games like Minecraft or GTA V. It will always say it has not detected any games, I can add them manually but I do not know which file it runs and I am missing the Launch button. So, I would like some help with this too.

0 Kudos