Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Motherboard graphic card Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Swordfish
Beginner

Hi there, I would like to know the diference, if it has any, between two drivers for this onboard graphic Intel® UHD Graphics 630. This are the versions of old and newer driver (V26.20.100.6911 and this V27.20.100.8675). the laptop in question is an Asus rog Strix G (G731GU), thank´s in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Swordfish,  

Thank you for the update. 

Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry, if you have any additional questions; please submit a new questions. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, by 'old' and 'new', I assume that you are referring to the latest available driver on the Asus site and the latest available driver on the Intel site. Obviously, there are a lot of fixes and additional features in the later version from Intel. You can't just install it in place of the driver from Asus, however.

In many cases, especially with laptops, the vendor will have modified the driver to support custom features in their laptop design and/or support the interoperation of the Intel graphics engine with an NVIDIA or AMD graphics engine. If you blindly install the newer driver from the Intel site, you will lose these customizations and these features will then no longer work. In the latter case, this can cause control to get stuck on a particular graphics engine and this can cause all sorts of issues.

So, what you need to do is contact Asus and find out if their driver has any customizations in it. If it has, you will need to stick with this driver (and bitch at Asus to release a newer driver with their customizations included). If it has not, however, you will be able to proceed with the newer drivers from Intel.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Just the latest BETA version of Intel DCH Graphics Driver is Version: 27.20.100.8673. Where did you found version 27.20.100.8675?

Leon

0 Kudos
Swordfish
Beginner
This version was found in windows update in the laptop, I think that this versions are according the laptop specs.
0 Kudos
Swordfish
Beginner
I had a chat conversation with the asus assistant and he said that I can use this driver because the one from asus isn't customised, and this one from Intel add the screen mirroring in my 2020 TV...
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Swordfish, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to clarify that Intel® has not published the driver version 27.20.100.8675 on the download center, the latest update available is the BETA 27.20.100.8673 as you can see in the previous link. 

Our peers explained very well the difference between the customized and generic Intel® driver, however; this driver is provided directly by Microsoft* via the automatic updates, so you might want to check with them for further information about this download. 

If you are using an insider version of Windows as reported in this other thread, any feedback or questions should go directly to Microsoft*, even if driver is from Intel®, Microsoft* requires the feedback going to them directly.   

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Swordfish
Beginner

This version was found in windows update as i wrote in the comment before this, and the driver that i had installed it came with the laptop, but asus say that the driver is not costumized so i can use the one that windows update has installed and it is better because it allows the connection of the laptop with my new year 2020 tv wirelessly (Screen mirroring). Ok i will follow the insider thread. thank´s.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Swordfish,  

Thank you for the update. 

Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry, if you have any additional questions; please submit a new questions. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos