Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

My Intel HD Graphics Panel was replace by Open in Visual Studio

SRonq
Beginner

Please see attached screenshot,

Already tried uninstalling/installing graphics driver and the Intel HD Graphics control Panel. And already tried manual uninstalling/installing the graphic drivers. But still the shortcut in my right click for "Intel HD Graphics" is till "Open in Visual Studio".

Is there a way to forcefully change the shortcut in my right click and restore the intel hd graphics.

Note: I don't want to uninstall my Visual Studio because I need it for my work and it takes some time to uninstall and then reinstalling it.

Hope you can help me with this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I doubt it was "replaced", per se.

Look in the Apps and Features Settings page for the Intel HD Graphics entry. If the build number (the 4-digit number at the end of the version string) is 6444 or higher, then you have a DCH version of the Intel HD Graphics driver package (DCH is a new driver model that Microsoft introduced in the Windows 10 1809 Update) and these packages does not include a Control Panel applet (the removal of the old, non-DCH version of the driver would have removed the shortcut from the right-click menu). Instead, you need to separately download the Applet from the Microsoft App Store. Now, don't blame Intel for this; Microsoft changed the way things work to (IMHO) force folks to use the Microsoft App Store more.

The right-click menu is certainly editable. Consult the Windows documentation for how to do so.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos