Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

My Screen Glitching Like Crazy And It Won't End Even After I Updated The Driver

JAldo
Beginner

My laptop screen glitched from 4-5 months ago. Started from an acceptable-desktop-only glitch that only show various dots that changed dynamically from in-screen movement into an-unbearable glitch that will distort my app icon box area and text.

I've already tried to disable the intel's display driver, and it seems to be solving the glitch problem (my 2nd graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 940m) but it won't last long as per 5 minutes the laptop gonna be either force-restarted or BSOD. So i had no other choice to re-enable it.

My Spec Detail :

Laptop : Asus X450JB

Ram : 4GB

Processor : Intel i7-4820HQ

VGA : Intel HD Graphics 4600 + Nvidia GeForce 940M

Chipset : Intel® HM86 Express Chipset

This is how the glitch would look like :

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-04 at 9.40.39 AM.jpeg

PS :

• I already tried to reinstall the windows several times but the problem still exist whenever my pc done installing the Intel's driver.
  • Don't tell me it's my monitor hardware fault. I've tried to take a screenshot off of it and apparently the glitch appear there so it must be something with the Intel's VGA as nothing happened when i switched into Nvidia's card.

thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JAldo, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to mention that it is recommended to install the driver provided by the system manufacturer. This is because We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. Please refer to the link below in order to download the latest graphics driver provided by them: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X450JB/HelpDesk_Download/ * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Also, please attach the screenshot you mentioned shows the glitch as well so I can check. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JAldo
Beginner

Hello David,

Thank you for reply.

So far, i've basically tried anything from updating the Intel HD Graphics driver into the newest one, Updating the chipset driver to the newest one, even i tried to do a fresh install of windows to my notebook but none of them seems working.

Here's some preview from glitch that happened to my device.

Untitled 2.jpgUntitled 3.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I've attached the dxdiag report that you asked me before. For your information, this anomaly will only happen when intel hd graphics driver is enabled. When i disabled it, the glitch will be gone. Please help me in solving this problem.

Thanks for your support,

Aldo

Intel's User.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JAldo, Thank you for your response. Please try installing Windows* 10 to the latest version which is the 1809, you currently have an older version according to the report you have attached to this thread. Here is a link for you to download the update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Once done, check to see if the issue persists. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JAldo
Beginner

Hello David,

I've updated the Windows as per your request but nothing seems to be happened. Here's the proof and the report again.

Regards,

Aldo.

screenshot 3.jpgscreenshot 2.jpg

screenshot 1.jpg

screenshot 4.jpg

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JAldo, Thank you for your response. Since we have tried the driver from us and also we tried updating Windows* to no avail, I would recommend you to get in contact with the system manufacturer, they should provide you with drivers that could've been customized to work with your system. Also, they can check the hardware to confirm and make sure that it is not actually a hardware issue. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JAldo
Beginner

Hello David,

Thanks for the response.

I've got a question. By saying system manufacturer, who will i need to get in touch about this problem? The asus?

Thanks,

Aldo.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JAldo, Thank you for your response. That is correct, they will assist you further with this situation and even check the hardware to see if something must be replaced. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos