Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

My computer doesn't detect the third external monitor

LMana2
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to run three external monitor on my Spectre x360 with a Intel HD 620 but windows would just recognize two monitors at a time.

Any combinaision of those computer would work but it only recognize the two first plugged in.

All my driver are up to date

I am using two different dongle 

One USBC to HDMI 

https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/choetech-usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-4k60hz-with-pd-charging-compatible-with-apple-2018-2017-2016-macbook-pro-2015-2016-macbook-chromebook-pixel-galaxy-note-9-s9-note-8-s8-huawei-mate-20-pro-and-more-33033064/i/

And another one USBC to two display port.

https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/wavlink-thunderbolt-3-to-dual-displayport-adapter-converter-support-single-5k-60hz-or-dual-uhd-4k-60hz-for-mac-windows-not-support-usb-c-ports-without-thunderbolt-logo-37196646/i/

I am stuck I tried everything, could you help me out 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

Hd 620 supports upto 3 monitors , already with laptop using EDP monitor , other possibilities are VGA and HDMI 1.4 version . dont use any extension cables or connectors . try to connect directly to VGA or to HDMI 1.4

0 Kudos
LMana2
Beginner

The thing is i just have two usb c thunderbolt port and one usb 3 port

So you said that the built-in monitor count as one screen right ? so i am limited to just two external screen ?

Isn't there a way around it ? i heard of monitor that you could plug on usb who wouldnt take a slot on the gpu is that right ?

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

thunderbolt port and usb 3 port is not for the connecting screen . EDP monitor is counted as one screen .

In my laptop , additional ports are VGA and HDMI 1.4 , so I can able to connect , Currently two monitors are working . HMDI monitor is not available .

For more information , visit intel support website

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/96551/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-7th-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-620.html

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Intel HD Graphics engine in your processor supports a maximum of three monitors. Considering the internal LED display, this means that only two external displays can be supported.

It is possible to add support for additional displays by adding an additional graphics engine. In a laptop, the cost-effective way to connect an additional graphics engine is via USB 3.0. Here are some examples of USB 3.0 graphics adapters:

The alternative to using USB 3.0 is to use a eGPU connected via Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C connector). This is a horribly expensive alternative; one I would not recommend unless you want to do heavy graphics work or gaming. It requires a special external PCIe graphics enclosure and an AMD or NVIDIA add-in (PCIe) graphics card. Here are some examples:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

Thanks Scott Pearson sir for the adapter information , With your permission can I share those nformation other users . Those are looking to buy the adapters online

0 Kudos