Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

My early 'BayTrail' HD Graphics doesn't have 'customize aspect ratio option'.

DMack10
Beginner

Hi all.

This refers to an old Celeron J1800-powered PC (a tiny Dell Inspiron 3050) which is listed as having Intel(R) HD Graphics with no actual number. I understand it's 3rd Gen/Baytrail and one of the first of the Intel(R) HD Graphics, so relatively basic.

The accompanying Graphics Control Panel allows a choice of resolutions but not to 'customise aspect ratio'. The resulting issue is that when it's set to the max res of 1920x1080 - which matches that of my full-HD 1080p TV - the displayed image is slightly too large with the bottom Windows taskbar half missing behind the bezel, along with the 'Close Tab 'X' in the top-right and half the desktop icons down the LH side. The two items are connected via HDMI.

The only way I can get to see the whole desktop is by choosing a lower res such as 1804x1026, but the resulting smaller Desktop image then leaves a wasted black space all around the image.

I have updated everything (including Win10 to 1903 version) and the graphics driver to 10.18.10.5069 27/12/2018 (which is otherwise known as 15.33.48.5069) but this newer driver still doesn't include the 'customize aspect ratio' option which I need.

My other PC has HD 530 Graphics and, whilst the Graph Control Panel looks largely similar in appearance, this does have the 'customise aspect ratio' option and this is done via a couple of 'sliders' until the 'desktop' fits the screen nigh-on perfectly; this needed setting to '45' horizontally and 41 vertically to suit another full-HD TV screen.

Is there any way for me to get this 'customise aspect ratio' option on my Graphics driver?

Any suggestions please? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SZai0
Beginner

I am also looking for suggestions regarding this. Do let me know as well if you find out something useful 😄

0 Kudos