Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

My graphic drivers uninstalled themselves, both integrated and dedicated

naess
Beginner

I've been having troubles with my graphics since I bought this pc a month ago. For a week everything was fine until I downloaded some programs (like Zoom). My screen started to flicker/blink a lot, and by doing some troubleshooting, I uninstalled Zoom and, although things went better, it still flickered/blinked from time to time.

I updated everything and even though that was supossed to help, that didn't happen at all. Then three days ago, out of the blue, I powered on my pc and found that BOTH graphics (integrated and dedicated) were uninstalled. I solved that problem but...

The thing is, Intel keeps sending notifications that there's an update for my integrated graphics, but I've been updating it with the same update over ad over. It seems like my pc doesn't install it correctly, idk.

I don't know what to do to this point, and I don't have warranty.

My pc is an HP Pavilion Gaming 16-DK1043LA

My integrated graphics is an Intel UHD

Dedicated is an Nvidia Geforce gtx 1650 ti

UPDATE: It's not malware. The problem isn't solved yet.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

"For a week everything was fine until I downloaded some programs (like Zoom). My screen started to flicker/blink a lot, ..."

That sounds like a classic sign of malware.  Have you disconnected from the Internet and run a couple of deep scans?

0 Kudos
naess
Beginner

Well, my laptop is new actually (bought it exactly 1 month ago from the store), so I don't think malware may be the cause of it. I only downloaded programs that were legitimate and safe, nothing from weird sites. Also, I have other devices connected to my internet and they work fine so I don't think it's infected with something. But I'll consider it!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello naess

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us more information:

• Is this a personal computer or work computer?
  • Did you try different drivers? What versions?
  • Did you check with HP that their drivers and software were up to date?
  • Did you recently complete an OS update?
  •  Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 
    • Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows
    • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
    • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
    • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos