Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20951 Discussions

My laptop completely freezes or I get blue screen when my laptop is working with intel uhd graphics.

Zerhaki
Beginner

I bought acer nitro an515-57 with i7 11800H, RTX 3050ti and 16gb ram 9 months ago. I had a problem with mother card and I sent it to warranty. Repair took more than one month and they changed mother card. I have got my laptop few days ago and now I have a new problem. You know laptops use integrated gpu if you dont play game etc. But my computer completely freezes or give blue screen error 10 minutes after I start use intel gpu or exit a game etc. I am writing this thanks to league of legends. I have tried DDU but I got blue screen again. What should I do? Should I sent it back to warranty? I attached some pics.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I see a lot of problems with Acer nitro devices.  Send the thing back.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Zerhaki,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Zerhaki
Beginner

Hi Carlos

That was not a solution 😞

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your post. In this case, please let me take a look and see if there is anything I can help with. Can you please help me with the following:

• Does this only happen after or during gaming? 
  • To get more information from your system, please install the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Zerhaki
Beginner

My laptop didn't freeze or gave blue screen for a while. Idk maybe problem is gone.

• After the games but it was just a example. It happens when I close a program that require GPU and laptop starts work on intel uhd graphics. 
  • I attached report.

Thanks for help

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Zerhaki,

Thank you for the update and the report. Just to clarify, the issue is no longer happening? Or just happening sporadically?

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Zerhaki
Beginner
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Zerhaki,

Thank you for the information. I was checking the report and I can recommend updating your operating system since it is currently on the build 22000, and we currently are on 22621. Please let us know if anything changes after that. 

Best regards,

Carlos L.

0 Kudos
Zerhaki
Beginner

You are right my windows is on the build 22000. But, windows update says I'm up to date. How I can get the build 22621, can you help me? 

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Zerhaki,

Were you able to check the previous post? Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Zerhaki
Beginner
Yes, I have checked. You are right my OS is old. But, windows update says I am up to date. I couldn't find a way to update. How I can get the update, can you help me?
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Zerhaki,

Thank you for your question. I wish I could help in this regard, however you will need to check this with Microsoft support to see what is happening with the updates. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zerhaki,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Zerhaki
Beginner

Hi Jean

I didn't have much time to test it but it's ok for now

Thanks for help @Carlos_L_Intel 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Zerhaki,

Thanks for the information provided.

We are glad to know that the recommendations helped and the system is now working as expected. Since the issue is now solved, we will close the thread. Please note that the thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you face any other inconvenience or have other questions, you should open a new thread.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos