Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

My laptop remain in stanby (black screen)

Dedo9
Beginner

Hi i'm edoardo , first  i apologize for my english , i speak english so-so , anyway  the problem i want to point out is that when i closed manually the screen of my laptop , he goes into standy mode , after  i reopen my laptop manually the screen remains black despite the hardware being turned on again, i tried to mesh all the keys of the keyboard or used the mouse but the screen remain black. 

When this happen the only way i found to fix is to shut down and restart the laptop, but i think it's too drastic.

how can i fix this problem ?

The laptop is new , the only think that i did is to update the graphics drivers with the last version date : 3/3/2021

I tried to install a previous driver for solve  but nothing changed

my laptop is an  Acer Aspire 5 with:

-intel I5-1135G7 11th gen intel(R) core(TM)  @2.40GHz with an integrated card : Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

-ram : 8.00 GB

Thanks for reading and i hope the problem is clear.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Since this is a laptop, you should really only be using versions of the graphics driver package that were released by your vendor (Acer, in this case) as they may have customizations in the package. If you uninstall what you have and reinstall the latest that Acer provides, does the display work through a standby cycle?

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

When you wake without display, are you sure that it is actually awake? Have you tried blindly doing some specific keystroke sequence to see if it reacts? If you also have a secondary monitor connected, does it wake?

...S

0 Kudos
Dedo9
Beginner

I think it responds to commands because , i have an illuminated keyboard so when i use the keyboard while the screen stays black, the keyboards light up ,  also when i connetc a second monitor , the second monitor turned on while the main monitor remains black .

When i connect the second monitor i can use windows with no problem. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Since this is a laptop, you should really only be using versions of the graphics driver package that were released by your vendor (Acer, in this case) as they may have customizations in the package. If you uninstall what you have and reinstall the latest that Acer provides, does the display work through a standby cycle?

...S

0 Kudos
Dedo9
Beginner

I installed the last drivers of acer in this site :

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers

Now when i reopen the laptop , my screen wake up , so i think the problem is resolve , i installed the VGA driver, in fact now if i tryto reinstall a general intel  driver, the site suggests me to use only personalizated drivers of Acer.

Thank you very much for helping!

0 Kudos