Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

- NEW- Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver update posted for Haswell and Broadwell version 15.36.18.4156

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

This update addresses several previously found issues. Please see the Release Notes and excerpt below for details. As always, feedback is appreciated.

The 15.36.18.4156 has been posted to Intel Download Center at the following direct links to the drivers:

64 - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24785 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24785

32 - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24786 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24786

This driver supports the following:

Support for Intel 5th Generation Intel® Core processors with HD Graphics 5500, HD Graphics 6000, and Iris™ Graphics 6100 and key enhancements for Intel 4th Generation Intel Core Processors. This driver provides up to 10% better performance improvement when running 3DMark11* benchmark and fixes many game, application, display and UI issues.

• 5th Generation Intel® Core Processors with Intel HD graphics, Intel Iris™ graphics and select Pentium®/ Celeron® Processors with Intel® HD graphics for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.

• Intel® Core™ M with Intel HD graphics 5300 for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.

• 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel HD graphics, Intel Iris™ graphics and Intel Iris Pro graphics and select Pentium®/ Celeron® Processors with Intel® HD graphics for Microsoft Windows* 8.1, Microsoft Windows* 8 and Microsoft Windows* 7 operating systems.

New features with this release:

Up to 10% performance improvement as measured on 3D Mark 11* benchmark.

Key issues resolve with this release:

<span style=...

33 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi NikosD

Thanks for the feedback. Investigating.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
JBrow40
Novice

Hi Robert,

I've discovered a couple of issues after connecting a new 4K-UHD monitor (Philips BDM4065UC) to my Windows 8.1-64 system. I'm using an Asus Z87I-Deluxe motherboard (w-latest BIOS) and a core i7-4771 processor with on-board HD 4600 graphics. This Philips monitor fully supports DisplayPort 1.2 SST-UHD resolution at 60hz. Normally the 4K picture and performance at 60hz is fantastic and without problems. However, I'm experiencing the following isolated issues:

1. Whenever I reboot my system now, I no longer see the windows boot screen. Instead a black screen appears and then finally after a long pause I see the normal Windows 8.1 log-in screen. I'm also unable to boot to my Asus UEFI Bios screen. This issue happens only when the monitor is connected with the motherboard's built-in DisplayPort. If I unplug the DisplayPort cable and use the built-in HDMI 1.4 connection (4K @ 30hz) instead, all boot screens are then shown correctly. At least there is a workaround so I can get to my BIOS if need be - but this is frustrating.
  2. Also, 1-5 minutes after my Windows system resumes from sleep/standby, my display screen blanks for about 7 seconds and then reappears with any open desktop windows re-positioned. Then all is normal until the next time I put the system into sleep/standby. No blanking occurs if I restart or shutdown the system. This only happens with 4K-UHD monitor resolution selected on the primary monitor AND when using the DisplayPort (1.2) connection (4K HDMI 30Hz is fine). Again very frustrating.

Are either of these known issues? Other than this, I'm loving my new 4K experience!

To be clear, I'm using the latest Intel win64_v15.36.18.64.4156 graphics driver and I'm not sure if this issue is unique to this new driver release.

Thanks in advance for any insights and resolutions here. -JT

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi J.T

Yes that is a known issue. There is a VBIOS/GOP update to address 4K POST issues however each OEM needs to apply it to the SBIOS for their products. What version of VBIOS is on your system?

Thanks

Robert

JBrow40
Novice

Thanks Robert,

I appreciate your response to my # 1 issue. The VBIOS on my system is v2170. As a follow up, I called ASUS technical support and shared the information about the VBIOS/GOP update you gave me. The tech created a case and forwarded the info to their bios dev team to make the update. Do you know what the proper/minimum VBIOS version Asus will need to update to addresses the 4K POST issues?

Also, could you please review/respond to my # 2 issue that I also reported in my original post? This is more related to the current Windows driver but might also be related to the VBIOS issues in that it only happens with the 4K DisplayPort connection (4K HDMI 30Hz has no issue). (I listed the issue again below):

"# 2) 1-5 minutes after my Windows system resumes from sleep/standby, my display screen blanks for about 7 seconds and then reappears with any open desktop windows re-positioned. Then all is normal until the next time I put the system into sleep/standby. No blanking occurs if I restart or shutdown the system. This only happens with 4K-UHD monitor resolution selected on the primary monitor AND the DisplayPort (1.2) connection (4K HDMI 30Hz is fine). Again very frustrating."

System specs:

Asus Z87i-Deluxe MoBo, 16GB RAM

Core i7-4771 CPU (iGPU only)

Philips BDM4065UC 4K Monitor

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Latest intel win64_v15.36.18.64.4156 HD Graphics Driver

Much appreciated, -JT

0 Kudos
NNiko6
New Contributor I

@Robert

DXDiag is not going to help.

The system is Core i7 4790 - Win 8.1 Pro x64 - Drivers v4156

To replicate the issues:

1) For the first one (P010/P016 bug) you have to use LAV filters x86/x64 or any other video decoder which can decode 10bit videos (H.264/H.265)

If you try to connect to EVR renderer, the decoding/ playback gives an error (black screen).

A lot of video players have disabled P010/P016 output because of this bug, so it seems they are working OK, but they aren't.

Disabling P010/P016 output is just a workaround to avoid the driver's bug.

2) About HW deinterlacing using API v1.13, you have to use a HW encoder that make use of the DeinterlacingMode enumerator of API v1.13.

I use QSVEncC v1.32 which gives an error.

But the same app works OK with the new deinterlacing mode using v.4080

Something broke with the latest driver v.4156 which introduced a new undocumented API v1.14.

The "old" style of HW deinterlacing used by previous API versions, still works for driver v.4156.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Thanks Nikos. That's what I needed.

The only reason I request DXDiag is so you don't have to type in all the sys info.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
RCast4
Beginner

Robert,

1) We have detected heavy problems addressing Directshow VMR 9 surfaces with Optimus Platforms with Nvidia GT/GTX 800M series when the default GPU is Nvidia one. OS Platform is Windows 8.1. CPU:ci7 4710QM. All works finely if the Gpu is a GTX 760M or If we remove Intel driver and we use Microsoft basic VGA driver with GTX 860. The problem can be easily reproduced using Graphedit and VMR 9 or Enhanced VMR, you will get a full solid color window, instead to see the video.

2) With Intel HD 4000 drivers build 3360 and higher, till 4156: PBO glReadPixels transfers have undecent performance.They are 4-5 times slower than drivers build 3345. A similar problem was occurred with early Intel HD 3000 drivers.

3) There are problems addressing Opengl video overlay features with Optimus Platforms with Intel HD 4000 + Nvidia GT/GTX 800M series when the default GPU is Intel one. OS platform Windows 8.1. CPU:ci7 4710QM. All works finely with GTX 760M or If we remove Intel driver and we use Microsoft basic VGA driver with GTX 860.

We have a quick-easy benchmark that can help developers to optimize the drivers with PBO glReadPixels transfers.http://www.ivs.it/public/ivsEdits_Folder/GPUtester.zip http://www.ivs.it/public/ivsEdits_Folder/GPUtester.zip

Instead ivsEdits free edition is a NLE to check quickly all Opengl/Directshow problems with latest Intel HD drivers builds and platforms. Visit http://www.ivsEdits.com/ http://www.ivsedits.com to download ithttp://www.ivsEdits.com/

Any feedback is appreciated.

best regards

Roberto Castellano

Software R&D / Tech Support Director at Interactive Video Systems SRL

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Thanks Roberto for the feedback.

What version of Optimus and NVidia graphics drivers are you using? Also, you mention HD 4000 (Ivybridge) in your post,, does the issue also occur on Haswell graphics?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
RHoda
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having problem with my i5-4670k. The System task is causing too much CPU load for me. I was trying to find the root cause, and I found, this is because my monitors have different resolutions. I also wrote a post here:

Here the problem:

"I'm having the same problem: the System task has a high CPU usage. It can take 25-30% CPU time, if I open a web page in Chrome with some flash ads.

My PC config is the following: Asrock H97M-Pro4, Intel i5-4670K, 16GB 1866C10 Corsair Vengeance memory, no dedicated video card, only the on-chip HD4600. I'm using dual-monitor setup.

I'm fighting with this problem about 2 days, and finally I found, what is causing it, and why some people cannot see this (e.g. I cannot see this on an i7-4790 with dual-monitors).

This is because I'm having different resolution monitors! One is a 1280x1024, and the other is 1440x900. If I set both monitors to the same resolution (e.g. 1280x1024), the problem disappears, the System task is no more the second busiest process. No matter, what resolution I set, if the two monitors' resolution is different, the problem comes back immediately.

This definitely seems a bug to me!"

Can somebody confirm my findings?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Hodrob

Do you see the same issue with Internet Explorer?

Also is there a particular website that exposes the issue?

During the issue, does the CPU utilization stay at ~20% or just spike when the page is opened?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
RHoda
Beginner

Do you see the same issue with Internet Explorer?

Yes, Internet Explorer shows the same problem. It's not browser related. Actually, when I disabled hardware acceleration in the Chrome, the problem disappears.

Also is there a particular website that exposes the issue?

Any content with Flash. So maybe the best site to visualize the problem: a fullscreen Youtube video.

During the issue, does the CPU utilization stay at ~20% or just spike when the page is opened?

Here are some screenshots (sorry, Hungarian). I'm playing a full screen Youtube video on the 1440x900 monitor.

The "System task" has the highest CPU load:

Here's the CPU load. Note the increased load of the first CPU core.

While I was experimenting to answer your questions, something else came to my mind. I'm using the monitor according the following setup:

- The left monitor is the 1280x1024

- The right monitor is the 1440x900

- The bottom side of the two monitor is fitted

I mean, like this:

I tried, what happens, if I alter this, and I fit the top side of the monitors, like this:

That seems fixing the issue, I no more notice the problem. See on the following screenshots.

The task list after changing the screen positions:

The CPU load:

Check the first CPU core's load! The first half of the history is with the "bottom side fitted screens", the second half is with the "top side fitted screens".

In the "wrong screen layout", my Windows was jerky sometimes, e.g. when I was moving windows, or scrolling, etc. With this latter screen layout, I don't see this behavior (yet, but I didn't test it for a day...).

0 Kudos
NDegr1
Beginner

We get these all the time using Intel Integrated graphics. Kinda sucks.

Seems Adobe Flash related. Happens on a lot of Flash-based Sites. I wish I could kill Adobe Flash, but, alas, user revolt.

Just your standard typical error report:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.9600.17416, time stamp: 0x5452eed9

Faulting module name: igd10iumd32.dll, version: 10.18.14.4156, time stamp: 0x54f5effe

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00021882

Faulting process id: 0x110c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0784f3074b616

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\igd10iumd32.dll

System:

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 with 8G RAM

Windows 8.1 64-bit with all current patches/hotfixes

IE11 and all hotfixes up to date.

0 Kudos
RHoda
Beginner

Actually, I was wrong a bit. Setting the monitor layout (like I described previously) helps a little, but not completely solve (workaround) the issue. The only thing helps, is setting the resolutions equally on both monitors.

0 Kudos