Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

NUC12SNKI72000 Intel Gaming Pc, 12th Core i7-12700H Intel NUC 12 Enthusiast Mini Arc A770

GregB1
Beginner

Hello, I need a good computer for photo and video editing. I need some help understanding the graphics - Iris vs Intel Arc A770M. My SW requires a minimum of 8GB Graphics RAM. So, it looks like the Arc A770M will meet that requirement. However, I see that the computer also has an Iris graphics coprocessor and am confused as to which graphics will be used while editing photos and video - the Iris or the Arc A770M? Thanks!

This is the computer I'm considering:

Amazon.com: waitloan NUC12SNKI72000 Intel Gaming Pc, 12th Core i7-12700H(14C/20T, 24MB Cache) Intel NUC 12 Enthusiast Mini PC, Intel Arc A770M 16GB GDDR6, 64GB Ram, 2TB SSD, Support 8K/WiFi6E/BT5.3/Win 11 Pro : Electronics

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I have that model.   It is a good machine.    And, it uses the ARC graphics.

Will it work for your needs?  I cannot say.   I personally would not trust ARC graphics, yet, for photo and video editing.   There are plenty complaints regarding photoshop and lightroom that make me feel uneasy.

For my purposes, Serpent is a good machine - watching videos, music, dvds, etc.  And, I use it as a test machine.

My recommendation?  It may suit your needs, it may not.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

A warning: When you purchase a system from a reseller like this, you are purchasing from a second-party who, identified by the 0000 in the Product Code, is purchasing a barebones kit from Intel/Asus and then charging you for the installation of Memory and Storage into it. In this case, this makes you the third-party in this arrangement and you thus do not have any warranty from Intel or Asus. You need to ensure that you are getting a warranty from this reseller and that they are a reputable company that is going to stand behind this product that they have 'invented'.

A word to the wise,

...S

0 Kudos
GregB1
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Thank you for that information.  Do you know who is a reputable seller for these computers?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Through Amazon? Likely none that I could recommend.

The only Value-Added Reseller (VAR) that I have had any dealings with (but note: not as a customer) and could recommend is SimplyNUC.

If you are ok with a barebones kit (i.e. one where you are responsible for adding the Memory and Storage and O/S) or an Intel/Asus-supplied system configuration, I would suggest that, as a starting point, you look at this page: Intel Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos