Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Need Help for connecting 21:9(2560x1080) display as external display for laptop with HDMI

JSand13
Beginner

Hey,

I have Asus R558UQ-1105DM with configuration of i7-7500u with Intel HD Graphics 620 as integrated and GTX 940M graphic cards.

My laptop has only HDMI 1.4 port(no DP) and display LG 29UM69 has also HDMI 1.4 only.

In Intel 620 when I am adding 2560x1080 with 60Hz, its showing "The custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth".

I haven't bought it yet cause I am not sure will it work or not and in lot of threads people are complaining about same and nobody is able to provide a solution. Even if it works will it be able to provide good performance i.e. 60HZ refresh rate and 2560x1080p resolution.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

hdmi supports maximum 4096x2304@24Hz only , see below website

https://ark.intel.com/products/95451/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-50-GHz-

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JSand13 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. This behavior can be related to the hardware design of the system that could be causing the resolution limitation, in this case is recommended to verify the hard ware setting/capabilities with the laptop Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JSand13 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello JSand13 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos