Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Need help with downloading a new graphics driver.

MBrit9
Beginner

I have an outdated graphics driver and am trying to install a new one, but after going through the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, it said I needed to contact Intel for help. I get an error message saying that due to my driver being an intel custom, it won't let me download the newer version. My graphics driver is from 2013 and I didn't know it was an issue until recently when trying to play a video game on my laptop that it isn't uploading like it should. Without the graphics driver, I can't play that game, and I have spent quite a lot of money on said game.

So, if anyone knows how I can instal the new version of the graphics driver, that'd be a huge help. Thanks!

Computer Type: Laptop 

System Manufacturer/Model Number: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Graphics Card: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4005U 

Browser: Google Chrome 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The latest driver for your processor graphics can be found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29313?product=75105

And, as you already know, HP customizations have blocked the install of the latest Intel generic driver.

If you want to do a forced install, let me know.

Doc

0 Kudos
AClar32
Beginner

Hi,

"And, as you already know, HP customizations have blocked the install of the latest Intel generic driver"

this has issues for me trying to install windows 10 DCH update via Intel version ...7870.

HP spectre x360 (Iris Plus) is device & says update not validated. then when try manual update says i already have the best intel update, but clearly i don't have the latest one.

how do we remedy this?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You cannot use any DCH drivers, as you have a 4th gen processor. DCH drivers are for 6th gen and later processors.

Download the zip package for your OS from the link I provided earlier.

That is the latest you can possibly use.

Then, use option two in this link to install the driver.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Doc

0 Kudos