Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Need to reduce my selection of 32 color depth to 24 in a custom resolution (1536 x 864, a true 16 : 9).

ineuw
Beginner

This is a Windows 10 Pro. rel.1809 Desktop with an 8th generation Pentium 5600 processor, ASRock B360 chipset and the Intel UHD Control panel/Display menu.

Monitor: LG Digital TV

Custom resolution: 1536 x 864 x 59 MHz. (a true 16:9) and 32 bit color depth.

I need to lower the color depth to 24 bits, because the character display degraded after I selected this value when I defined the resolution and ClearType cannot correct it. Now, I cannot find this drop down menu list. Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
ineuw, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. To try to reduce the color depth to 24 bit we recommend to enter "Display Settings" in the search bar, then look for the option "Advanced Display Settings" then choose "Display Adapter Properties", select "List All Modes" and in there you should be able to change the color depth. Additionally, in the following link provided by Microsoft you will be able to verify additional steps to try to change the color depth: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24-bit-video-color-support-settings-for-windows-10/2456fa9d-c40c-4795-87be-cac961610226 Just to make sure, is the Intel® Pentium® Gold G5600 the processor model that you are using? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ineuw
Beginner

Alberto R., thanks for all the info. I found the list, but now it only lists 32bit color depth with the 60 MHz or less. The original list started at >=8 bit color depth. Is there anything I could do?

Also, I am definitely using the Intel® Pentium® Gold G5600 processor. A great product!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
i neuw, You are very welcome, thank you for providing that information. The next thing to do in this case will be to get in contact directly with Microsoft support to verify if they have further suggestions for this scenario: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ineuw
Beginner

In all resolutions the color depth is 32 bits. The 8 bit was from the Microsoft's basic driver. Since the defective driver and my previous posts were removed, consider this issue closed. I did a fresh, new, Windows 10 install and the new driver is working fine. I am attaching the last SSU report.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

i neuw, Thank you very much for letting us know those results and for sharing the SSU report.

Perfect, it is great to hear that the problem got fixed by doing a fresh install of Windows* and now the driver is working properly.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos