Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

New Intel Iris Xe Max GPU and the various problems I encountered

LeonardoSisler
Beginner

Hi, in this post I want to highlight some of the problems I've been having during these first months with this new gpu.

I' m using the latest Dell Insipron 7506 2in1.

The first is with the application Photosop, where if I open an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, without having PS already open, the computer will crash, but only the first time, after the first system crash there will be no problem.

The second problem regards the game Cyberpunk 2077, the latest update made it playable yes, but during a certain mission, the sreen will go black, with the HUD still visible and the game is still playable but the standard vison is obscured, the obly way to see is with the scanner, but all the cutscenes will be black, I noticed that during this parts the GPU usage goes to 100% while just 1cm before entering the zone it was at 60%-70%.

THe third and last problem  encountered was with the game Far Cry 2, where i could play smoothly for about 5 to 10 minute before crashing to desktop without any error, this with DX10, if DX9 is used the game will crash during the first loading screen.

All my drivers are up to date and the priority for all application mentioned is set to GPU.

Hoping from an answer from someone who might know the cause of these problems or someone who had the same ones.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello LeonardoSisler,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are currently assisting you in the thread down below please redirect any questions and information regarding support there, to avoid any confusion and extra effort from your end this thread will get closed so you can continue on the first thread you opened.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-Iris-Max-usage-spike-to-100/m-p/1249398#M93737

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos