Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

No Intel HD Graphics 620 Driver for Windows 8.1?

idata
Employee

I recently bought a laptop with the new Kaby Lake processor (i7-7500U) and after a brief looking into Intel's website I found out that there is no graphics driver for Intel HD Graphics 620 for Windows 8.1, only for Windows 10. Are we going to see any drivers in the future (7500U has just been released so no drivers for its graphic unit is acceptable) or Intel is not going to release for Windows 8.1?

0 Kudos
57 Replies
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
JL4
Beginner

Thanks for the post IvoMp.

I know this thread is a few months old, but I am trying to do the same thing noted here with the slightly newer HD Graphics 630 chipset. See Looking for any hints on how to get started with a similar mod so that my machine will also recognize its internal GPU under Windows 8.1. For example, how did you locate or come up with the value:

%iKBLULTGT2% = iKBLD_w81, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916

in your post above? Willing to spend the time if someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
SBand3
Beginner

I was Curious as well.

0 Kudos
AKong2
Beginner

Greetings All,

We found this post very helpful and used it to support some 7th gen based systems on Windows 8.1. We found that the bits for Miracast were not included in this so here is what we did.

add a comma and the word "Miracast.Copy" to the CopyFiles= line in the section provided in this post by IvoMp. This provided some necessary Intel*.* files including .dll and .exe added to System32.

Now the Lenovo X270 on Windows 8.1 will connect to a wireless display where it would not before.

SPL
Beginner

In case somebody need driver for HD630 under Windows 8.1 x64 here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrek6h6rvb0czdp/win64_154519.4678-HD630_81_modded.rar?dl=0 win64_154519.4678-HD630_81_modded.rar

I modded 15.45.19.4678 version as IvoMp suggested but changed it to match HD630 identifier. I also added more CopyFiles parametres to install all required files. Without that HDMI audio, Miracast and Vulkan libraries were missing.

SBenn6
Beginner

You are a champion, SotYPL.

I've been wrestling with HD630 drivers for Win8.1 on a new Dell 7050 for the last few hours.

Your package has saved me a lot of irritating work.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
BSqua
Beginner

Thank you SotYPL !

I've try your solution under windows 8.1 x64 but it's not working ->

0 Kudos
NDwar
Beginner

In case there are others having issues installing HD 630 from the modded drivers provided by SotYPL, the solution I found is similar to others posted here where the GPU is actually a different DeviceID. In my case (i7 7700hq) the device ID is 591B instead of 5912. So just add this line:

%iKBLHALOGT2% = iKBLD_w81, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B

under [IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.3] in igdlh64.inf and perform manual install as described earlier. Works without issue thus far.

0 Kudos
AShak4
Novice

Can anyone please help me install latest intel 630 driver for windows 8.1 (embedded) i have tried some of the posts above but when i try to install it it says that my system is not the right one for this driver. My device is 591B . can someone provide me with the inf file in order to install ? I m still using the old modified by asus driver so any knewer one will help.

0 Kudos
AShak4
Novice

I have managed to install the latest intel drivers on my windows 8.1 laptop for Intel Hd 630 .

Everything works like a charm. I used the ikbuild81 from the asus modified drivers in order to install the latest intel drivers.

I can give more detailed instructions if anyone needs them

This is the latest version I 've managed to install . 21.20.16.4860 . 15/11/2017

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, you are still UNSUPPORTED.

Make sure you tell that to the Intel support staff when you have a problem.

And, there is no reason why you cannot run Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro with a W8.1 vm, AND BE FULLY SUPPORTED!

Doc

0 Kudos
AShak4
Novice

I understand and you are right i am insupported. Unfortunately i am one of the few thousand of buyers who bought laptops with windows 10 with nvidia and intel cpu 7th generation which has the famous glitches and lags. Sicne my laptop is not usablr enough and slow for me especially when developing i prefer to use unofficial drivers in order to get a fast performance on windows 8.1 . i ve used the asus modified drivers of intel 630 (certified) as a reference in order to edit latest intel drivers to make them work so i will take my risk.

0 Kudos
yzhou28
Beginner
Shak85 I also wish to switch back to windows 8.1 because of windows 10's mouse stutter issue. Could you please help me on how to modify latest Intel HD 630 driver using the ASUS modified driver as a reference?
0 Kudos
AShak4
Novice

Here you are :

These are the Asus Modified Drivers :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gr_-StNViXZK7gNg-1QYsMX6nN0KQajJ UHD630 driver.zip - Google Drive

Regarding the instructions for the latest driver I can't go into a lot of detail right now but I will tell you in a nutshell what I did.

I copied the [ikbuld81] section (not sure what the name is exactly , you can see from the latest posts) from the asus inf file in x64 into the inf file of the latest intel driver . If you google hd 630 windows 8.1 it will get you to the intel driver. Latest is November 2017 15.45

Then you need to find your device id . For example mine is i7 7700hq which is the id 591B. You need to find the line that corresponds to that id as in the previous replies above. In my case it had ikhalogt%2 I think something like that. You copy that line and add it under the section of windows 8.1 , which is win 6.3 . Again you can see the posts above. Basically what you tell the driver is , if you noticed that the windows is 8.1 (6.3 , find the device correctly by the line you add in that section , and for that specific device go into the section with name [ikbuld81]. There you have the same instructions as with asus modified which you pasted earlier , in order to copy the files and other instructions. So that's it.

Now that you have modified the file you need to disable digital signing :

.Run cmd with admin rights;

2. Enable test mode:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

3. Reboot

4. Install drivers

5. Disable test mode (again cmd with admin rights):

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

With the asus modified drivers none of these is required. You just install. So my advice to you is you don't want to get your hands dirty to just use the setup.

Also don't forget to install wufuc . Is a tool that will permit updates on unsupported hardware like our gpu.

0 Kudos
yzhou28
Beginner

Shak85 Already try that, successfully install the graphics driver, but unable to install the intel dynamic platform and thermal framework driver and synaptic touchpad driver for my notebook.

Did you meet these problem?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
AShak4
Novice

Here is the link for the intel thermal framework

All devices are recognized for me , i didnt have to install synaptics touchpad

https://yadi.sk/d/t-8chQLZ3L7FzE?utm_campaign=DonanimHaber&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=DonanimHaber Windows 7.rar — Yandex.Disk

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Be very careful downloading from unknown sites and sources.

Doc

0 Kudos
EHori
Beginner

I can't find the download link for the win64_154512.4552.zip file... help please... Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
dSata2
Beginner

I have the same problem of all here. I Try all the options described and they do not work. NTkot could you solve the problem with any suggestion of the indicated ones? I currently have a hp core i5 of 7th. I can not migrate to other operating systems because other controllers fail but win 8/8.1 its no possible instalation. someone can suggest something that works.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, to remind you, only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors. Accept that fact.

Doc

0 Kudos
IInma
Novice

Yes, but editing the configuration files can allow , for example, the Intel HD 620 Windows 10 display driver to work with a 7th generation processor under Windows 8.1.

https://mega.nz/#!J4QlGCib!HI3KnKte_kWsUVjFjpZolMeC3CN8whgoC7dcpM_-Uhs

Regards,

Ian (Doggerland_Mackem)

0 Kudos