Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21287 Discussions

No audio using HDMI bifrost A770

tcpip
Beginner

I have an Acer Bifrost A770, installed latest drivers 31.0.101.4369, I'm using an audio bar redirects video to my monitor, previously used another card with no issues, with this card no sound at all throught the HDMI cable.

Tries:

1. Used driver from Acer

2. Reinstalled realtek sound drivers

3. Used DDU to uninstall and then re-install intel drivers

Thanks for the guidance,

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing no audio issues after installing your Acer Bifrost A770 GPU.

Please share with us the following information to better assist:

• What is the sound Bar make and model? How is the sound Bar connected to your system?
  • Is Resizable Bar enabled?
  • Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 
  • Create a System report following these instructions. Only use the instructions under Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC).

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
tcpip
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

1- Soundbar LG. SP2,  HDMI cable from A770 card to the soundbar, then another HDMI from the soundbar to the monitor (works with another video card).

2- Yes, resbar enabled on motherboard B450 GAMING PLUS Bios

3- Attached specs.txt

4- Attached video report

Thanks for the help,

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

Thank you for the information. I see that you have used Display Driver Uninstaller before updating to the Intel drivers. Did you use the tool to delete previous NVIDIA/AMD drivers, if not yet, please delete the old driver to prevent any driver conflict. Once all drivers have been deleted test the driver version 31.0.101.4499.

Also please confirm if you have set up the configurations based on the user manual for your audio system(attached) and let us know if you use any type of audio control software.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
tcpip
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

I used DDU for uninstalling the nvidia driver before installing the intel driver, also uninstalled the audrio drivers with DDU.

I installed 31.0.101.4499.

Yes the installation configuration is as the manual, I have another system next to the intel machine which works just changing the HDMI cable.

The issue I see is that in windows there is no output device for the HDMI sound.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

We will need to further check this issue with our team, however, I would also like to provide a couple more recommendations:

We have just released a new driver version 31.0.101.3502, please update to the latest version and check if the issue persists. Do a DDU installation for this.

Let us know or confirm if a direct connection from the GPU to the TV makes the sound work so we can know there are no issues with the GPU ports.

Also, please share with us a screenshot from the Windows audio device, like the one you previously shared, but from the system that works on this configuration so we can better understand how it looks like from your side.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tcpip
Beginner

Hi Albert, Hugo,

I was able to make it work connecting a monitor (with speakers) directly to the video card (attaching windows 11 audio image).

Using the soundbar to proxy another monitor (without speakers) still won't work (image in previous post).

Thanks for the heads up,

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

We will further check this issue with our team. We will post back once we have an update on this.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

We continue to check this issue with our team but wanted to ask you to confirm the following information:

• You mentioned this configuration works fine using a different GPU or system, Could you please let us know the make and model of the other GPU?
  • Also, are you testing both GPUs using the exact same monitor?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
tcpip
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

The previous card I had was the Nvidia GTX 960 2GB, which I replaced with the A770, that card worked without any issue.

The other systema I have next to the PC is a mac-mini which also works without any issue using the soundbar as a proxy (attached image) I keep changing the same HDMI cable (high speed) between these two systems (PC, mac-mini).

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

Thank you for clarifying and sharing the information. I will get back to you once I have an update on this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

Please when having the SoundBar connected to the GPU check on the device manager and let us know if you see any conflicting devices with yellow bangs or exclamation marks mainly in the Audio Devices and Video and Game Controller sections. Also, check the HD Audio device.

In order to rule out potential compatibility issues with this soundbar, Is it possible for you to test a different one? Let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
tcpip
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

Attaching an image of the device manager in windows 11, only icon was on iSPP port device,

I don't have another sound bar to test,

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

Thank you for sharing the information with us. Allow me to continue checking this with our team. I will post back once I have more information for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

In order to rule out any possible issue at an Operating System level or conflicting drivers, please do a clean Operating System installation. You can follow the instructions from the official Microsoft website. Let us know if the same issue happens once the installation is completed.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

Were you able to do the reinstallation of your Operating System? Please let us know if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
tcpip
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

I don't have the option to reinstall windows now, getting the audio using bluetooth headphones, attaching the audio icon when no headphone attached,

0 Kudos
tcpip
Beginner

Hi Hugo,

Decided to do a full windows 11 installation and also updated the sound bar firmware, after reinstalling all the drivers and applying the windows updates got the same result, no sound thougth the sound bar:

Edición Windows 11 Pro
Versión 22H2
Instalado el ‎16/‎07/‎2023
Versión del sistema operativo 22621.1

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpi

Since the issue still happens after doing a clean installation of the Operating System, allow me to continue checking with our team for further steps. I will post back once I have more information for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tcpip

After reviewing the information provided as well as the troubleshooting performed we have determined that this might be a compatibility issue between the GPU and the soundbar. Please note that even though we are trying to improve performance and compatibility between devices we cannot guarantee full compatibility with every hardware available in the market.

Our next recommendation in order to rule out possible compatibility problems with the HDMI interface will be to test an HDMI to DP cable, adapter, or converter and check if the same issue happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos