Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

No sound with HDMI on windows 11

matt21
Beginner

Hello,

I'm facing an issue following the windows 11 migration. Indeed, when I connect a device on my HDMI port on my DELL Inspiron 7306 2in1 laptop, the sound is not recognized into windows.

I tried, to upgrade my drivers, to deactivate and reactivate the device, I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers directly from intel, I checked the HDMI cable and I tried to connect to another monitor (TV + monitor) but nothing changed.

With windows 10, everything worked well.

Can someone help me on this topic?

Many thanks.

matt.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @matt21

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Did you install Windows* 11 using a fresh clean installation or by upgrading from Windows* 10?

2- Are you using a straight-through connection HDMI-to-HDMI with a single cable to connect the display? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, or dockings? Please provide details.

3- Is this behavior occurring also with the customized graphics drivers provided by the computer manufacturer (OEM) Dell*?

4- TV/monitor brand (maker) and full model:

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello matt21

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello matt21

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
matt21
Beginner

Hello AndrewG_Intel, many thanks for your feedback and I apologize for the late answer.

Please find below the .txt resulting from the scan with the SSU.exe tool.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
matt21
Beginner

Hello again, my problem is solved.

Without any action and following Windows's updates processus, my sound through HDMI was working.

To help other people with the same problem please find enclosed some screen capture and a new SSU report.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards.

matt21.

0 Kudos