Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Not recognition of external monitor

sebascasrod
Beginner

Hi, 

Hi, how are you? I'm looking for support. My laptop don't recognize the external monitor and i think that is a problem of updating. Currently, the controller is Intel UHD Graphics 620 and the laptop is a HP Laptop 15-dw0xxx. Yesterday, the laptop update some stuff and this made that this process in some way unrecognize of the monitor. This problem has been ocurring several times, so i've decided ask for help. I really need to use the external monitor for my job. I appreciate all help you can bring me. The external monitor is a Acer SB220Q bi. I've tried to uninstall the controller and other stuff but nothing has result.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You should only be using graphics driver packages released by your laptop vendor (HP). They may be modifying these packages to support specific features of their laptop designs. Using drivers from the Intel site could overwrite these features and cause them to work improperly and/or not work at all. If the problem happens with drivers release by your vendor, then you need to contact them about the issue as they are the ones who validated these drivers.

...S

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

That's one advantage of buying a NUC ... you don't have to worry about going to other sites for drivers!

0 Kudos