Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21072 Discussions

Onboard GPU Problem

OMari2
Beginner

Motherboard ASUS H110M-K

Processor Intel Skylake, Core i5 6402P

Memory Crucial 8GB DDR4 2133MHz

Until yesterday i was playing Cs:Go using the onboard graphic from intel (HD 510). The game was running pretty well except when seeing smokes, and i tried to verify if it will run better with my older GPU...Nvidia 9500 GT. I wasn't satisfied with how it was working, and took it off.

Now, after i took it off i have a stupidly lower fps even in the menu ( 30 ) and before was ( @ 120 ), and ingame was @ 100 and now i get @ 50.

Things i tried :

Update BIOS

Update windows to latest version.

Made system restore and uninstalled the drivers to use the Microsoft Basic Display Driver, and then installed the latest driver from Asus. And i updated every driver i could find on Asus website.

I went to BIOS and made it to use the CPU graphics, and even changed the "memory size" to 1024, but it ran the same.

I went again and changed it to 256MB, it runs the same...but in cpu-z it tells me i still have 1024 MB.

Can someone help me? I don't know what to do anymore.

Also...other games seems to work pretty well...and in CS:GO if i change the resolution, the fps gets to @ 70 in menus. But it still runs worse than before putting that GPU.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Masmerize,

According to your post, I understood the system was working properly until got an overheating issue. I suggest you to run our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, the stress test will let us know if processor is working properly or not.

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool v 3.0.0.25

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

In regards to maximum share memory, 6th gen processors support up one-half of System Memory (Limited by OS)

For better gaming performance I suggest you to change the settings of CS:GO using Intel recommendations.

Counterstrike: Global Offensive settings

https://gameplay.intel.com/GamesSettings/8601/93277/Intel%C2%AE%20Core%E2%84%A2%20i5-6402P%20Processor%20(6M%20Cache,%20up%20to%203.40%20GHz)

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,Mike C
0 Kudos
OMari2
Beginner

I passed all the tests. It's not overheating, and also it's a new processor.

I say again in hope you understand.

I was playing before on CPU graphics and i had @ 100 fps on CS:GO, only when i was seeing smokes (ingame) my fps dropped.

And i tried to see if it will work better with my other GPU ( 9500 GT 512mb ) ...but it worked worse than with CPU graphics, so i uninstalled my GPU.

And now when i try to play, i get much lower fps than before. 30 fps ingame menu? When i had even 120? But for other games works well...dunno why.

Is it possible that it didn't "migrate" back to CPU well? Because the settings in bios were the same. I even tried to modify the memory there...but in cpu-z, it shows the same memory....1024.

I'll try with those settings you gaved me, but i don't think they will work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Masmerize,

I would be waiting your results.

Mike C

0 Kudos
OMari2
Beginner

It didn't work. I had to buy a GPU. Anyway thx for help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Masmerize,

Thank you for your feedback. Games usually require many resources from the graphics and the embedded option is limited.

Mike C
0 Kudos
OMari2
Beginner

Yea but as i told before...i don't know if you understood.

Before installing my "old" gpu ( meaning nvidia 9500 gt ), i was having @ 100 fps ingame...while playing. And in menu @ 120 fps. I had "trouble" only when i was seeing smoke ingame...meaning my fps dropped to @ 50. And i installed 9500 gt gpu to see if it works the same except dropping fps when i see the smokes, but i wasn't satisfied, and then took out the gpu ( 9500 gt ). Then i saw the game was running worse than before installing the gpu.

Dunno what the problem was...but now after i bought this new gpu...works wonders.

Edit: You can close the topic.

0 Kudos