Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21280 Discussions

OneApp.IGCC.WinService using port 5000

aklefdal
Beginner

This happened just recently. Now I'm forced to stop the service, sine port 5000 is standard port used when running web applications under developement locally.

Can I change which port OneApp.IGCC.WinService is listening to?

9 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @aklefdal

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Please answer the following:

·      Are you working for a company or representing one?

·      Can you share the name and/or the official site of the web application?

·      Does it happen if you use Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta) instead?

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the Report for Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello aklefdal

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to install Intel® Graphics Command Center (Beta) and generate both reports? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
LordofLightning
Beginner

Hi, I have this exact same issue in our development environments. Meaning developer computers. We are a .net shop and what we have found is OneApp.IGCC.WinService.exe is utilizing the dotnet port of 5000. We can stop the service, and disable it from running so the development teams can work. But after some time, the service starts up again. 

As you can see from .net documentation Configure endpoints for the ASP.NET Core Kestrel web server | Microsoft Learn it's default set to choose a port in the range. However, we find that when compiling code, it always picks port 5000. Which the OneApp.IGC.WinService.exe is occupying. Is it possible to have intel fix the OneApp.IGC.Winservice to be at a higher port that would not be used by other applications? 

I have tried the beta version and it appears similar behavior is happening with a port conflict on our dev staff.

0 Kudos
Froggy
Beginner

We have the same problem in our company. One of services, which we develop runs on 5000, which now got blocked after an intel driver update. How to change the port of OneApp.IGCC.WinService?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just a side comment, Port 5000 should *NEVER* be used by *ANY* production application. IGCC *AND@Froggy's developed service are *BOTH* incorrectly implemented. Port 5000 is the first port of the scan range used for temporary port assignments and are typically  what is used while developing a new application. Once an application goes production, it is supposed to be changed to use an available port somewhere above the scan range.

Why can't developers RTFM (emphasis on the 'F')? It's obvious that they didn't.

Just saying (off my soapbox now),

...S

DanZ1955
Beginner

Astounding that an organization at the level of Intel should make such a noob's blunder!

Intel, please:

1) Use another port by default, and

2) Make it configurable

TIA

0 Kudos
provegard
Beginner

The service is just a .NET application and can be configured with the --urls parameter.

Here's what I did:

1. Open the Registry Editor (as always, be careful in there).
  2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\igccservice.
  3. Double-click the ImagePath key.
  4. Append after the quotes: --urls http://127.0.0.1:50000
  5. Click OK.
  6. Restart the service.

In step 4, choose another port if you like, and don't forget the space before --urls.

Note that I have no idea if the port is actually used for anything of importance. You do this at your own risk.

Rantanplan
Beginner

Done like @provegard  suggested and that worked.

On the other hand today also I found a new update to version 31.0.101.4953, installed and that registry modification is removed – but also I guess the problem is gone, fixed? Port 5000 seems to be free and I even cannot find what port now ist used, locked. Is it so? Am I missing something?

0 Kudos